Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Easter, anyone??

(I'm such a bulimic blogger - binge and purge, binge and purge - time to binge....)


We kept it simple with just one Easter egg hunt, hosted by our good friends the Sondrups. It was a beautiful beautiful evening, and the kids had fun - Baby A was so pumped to find CANDY in her eggs!
The Easter Bunny commissioned me to make the kids bike baskets for Easter this year --I found a tutorial on a blog (imagine that!) here.  It was pretty easy to follow, but I'd beef it up a little more if I were to make them again - J-boy's been pretty hard on his, and K-ladies isn't quite as crisp looking as it was at first.... :)   But I love a good project, and I love a good deadline, and this gave me both so I was quite happy. :)
We didn't do Easter dresses or Easter pictures or any of that.  We did enjoy a fun crepe breakfast with Heather and Ryan and L, then zipped off to the church for the morning session of General Conference, which starts at noon here (the bishop asked our ward to attend at least one session in the church, so we picked Sunday AM - I remember next to NOTHING of that session - too much fun chasing Baby A around and trying to hush J-boy and K-lady.  But by golly we were obedient!).  Then we came home, enjoyed lunchish/dinner with our friends the Nielsons and watched/dozed to the afternoon session of conference in the comfort of the living room with an internet connection.  (Does anyone else ALWAYS fall asleep during the Sunday afternoon session of conference????  In Joseph's defense, he was a little sick.  No excuses for me....)
In any case, it was a lovely Easter!

3 comments:

The Dooley Family said...

beautiful pictures!! I miss your cute family!

i have a quick question--I should probably just email you, but here goes! My seniors learned the 3 verses they're singing of Come, Follow Me in ONE week and now I have THREE weeks to fill...do you know any fun, new (to them...) singing games that I could fill the time with? I get 25 minutes every week...i'd love any suggestions you have!

Angie said...

I always fall asleep during the afternoon session, too. Sick or not. 8 hours of Conference is tough!

Lisa said...

Fun Easter pictures. Don't you just love the colors of Spring?
I love having Easter and Conference together. I think the speakers are always so soothing is maybe why I fall asleep sometimes.
I hope you guys are doing well.