Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mom, will you play??

J-boy got a hold of my camera the other day and wanted to tape me 'playing.'  I wasn't too interested in an episode of Tara-plays-with-Batman-toys-by-herself-for-the-camera so I said, "J-boy, the only thing I play is the piano."  So he was okay with that for subject matter and set himself up for a little movie-making.  I hope it doesn't make you nauseous - he was 'feeling' the music, and it's not exactly smooth and sweet. :) 


(I've learned about 2 pages of this piece so far - 4 to go!  It's sloppy, but that's pretty much my life right now)  :)

And because Baby A is cuter than me any day, you get one of her 'playing' too.  :)  The other day she climbed up next to me while I was playing a little Liszt (lots of flowing arpeggios) and started waving her arms around to mimic me - I think it's adorable!  :)

10 comments:

heather said...

Tara - I LOVE how at the end of your video J-boy just says "cool." That is a total crack up because I'm just sitting here in awe amazed at your talents, and J-boy is so casual about it. It's just "cool." So funny!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!! You are amazing as well it was beautiful and "cool".

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Oh how we miss you playing the organ! J-boy did a great job inspiring us!!!! You go girl

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Oh how we miss you playing the organ! J-boy did a great job inspiring us!!!! You go girl

Christal said...

Bravo! Bravo! Encore!!!

TheSchmierneys said...

seriously you've got some skills girl! I can't play any instruments so I'm jealous! J did a great job of filming, a very artistic approach!!!

KT said...

I agree - I love how J-boy says, 'cool.' It sounds great - and Baby A is so cute! We miss you!

bbfamwagon said...

Love this! J-boy's right: "Cool!"

Katie said...

Thank you, J-Boy, for capturing Tara at play! That's a sound I truly miss.

I am taken back to the days when I used to lay on your living room floor while you played "Jessica's Theme" from "The Man From Snowy River."

Angie said...

What mistakes? I didn't hear any! It's awesome that you're still learning new music. And it's so cute that J-boy taped it.