Saturday, July 26, 2008

Coming Home!

We came home from the hospital Tuesday evening. Grandma and Grandpa L kept the kids until Thursday, so Baby A and I had a few days to try to figure each other out. These pictures were taken Tuesday afternoon, just before we headed for home. She's wearing a preemie outfit - isn't she a doll? I love the carseat picture -- a little perspective on just how tiny she is. We're doing well -- being post-partem has it's problems (learning to nurse again is just plain painful), but it's so much better than being pregnant! I can watch the food network again without racing for the bathroom!! :) And I can snuggle this little bundle whenever I want. I feel much more settled with Baby A than I did with K or J-boy when they were brand new. I'm sure I'll have plenty of curve balls with her, too, but it's nice to not be so shell shocked. (forgive my mixed metaphors...) :)




Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Angie said...

I love that car seat picture...you're right about them being so small. I also like your use of metaphors...I agree that it's less shocking of an adjustment with number 3.
We're going through a cluster feeding frenzy phase right now (check out the alliteration). I hope it's all part of that one week growth spurt...if it's not...oh, it gets tiring.

Angie said...

btw...she's beautiful.

Christal said...

Oh, Tara...eveytime I see her, I get so moooooshey! So precious! I should show a pic of Little Man coming home in his carseat! Should need no explanation...I am a bit jealous-just so you know.:-)

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness! congratulations!!!! What an adorable baby girl! She is so tiny!! How cute! I know you'll be busy with 3 kids- but I hope to see lots of pictures on here! Congratulations again! What a sweet little baby born to a sweet little mama!!

Katie said...

She's very cute, and so tiny!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Congrats on the baby--she is just kissable!!!!!

AND

Congrats on getting to serve in the RS as a Instructor. you will be fabulous and it is a good time for a break from PRIMARY!

Ericka said...

She is sooo adorable and tiny too! I love the name you picked as well. Can't wait to watch her grow.

Mindy said...

What an itty-bitty sweetie! And I love the pictures with the other kids. You have such a good looking family!

Sara said...

Tara! She is the most beautiful, perfect little girl! Congratulations! I am so happy for you - isn't it so fun to have a newborn to snuggle again! OH!!! I am so happy for you! (I can't believe your labor story - insane - you amazing woman you!) I hope all is happy and well! We will have to run by some treats sometime soon! Take Care and let me know if you need anything!!! Yahoo for newborns (ugh. . .and late night feedings)

robyncreates said...

Tara, she is beautiful! I got to go see two of my friends' new babies this past week. I love it when they are so new. I can't imagine seeing mine so small. That pic of her in the carseat makes her look soooo tiny! Ryan and I were both amazed! :) Your family is beautiful. I like her name too. :) (I'm a little partial to liking that name though.)

Becca Shirts said...

Tara Baby A is so cute! What name did you give her? Anna? Ada? Just curious. Let me know, I miss chatting. shirts.rebecca@gmail.com Love ya

Becca Shirts said...

Oh, real quick; we're expecting baby #4! Yeah, we're a little crazy!

Becky said...

She is such a beauty! And so teeny - you're right! Congratulations! You'll have to tell me if #3 pushes you over the top.

HLFackrell said...

Congratulations on your new arrival. She is jusst adorable.