Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sweet Sister





K is growing up really fast these days -- I feel so lucky that she's my oldest, because she really rises to the occassion. I have to remind myself now and then that she really is only 5 and she's still allowed to be a kid. The other day we went to play at the Farmstead, and I watched her take care of J-boy. He was so excited for these tractors -- it's his favorite part of the farm -- but there were oodles and gobs of kids there, and he's not quite big enough to hold his own. He's also a little fickle -- couldn't decide which tractor was best, and kept giving up his tractor to go after a new one. But he wasn't ever fast enough - the new tractor was always taken by one of the other children before he could get to it. So he'd turn back to the old tractor, only to have it taken, too. His little face would just crumble, and he'd be on the brink of tears when K would come and rescue him, dragging along the tractor she'd been riding seconds before. They did this over and over again. So he might be the one wearing the 'cape,' but she was definitely his hero that day. :)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Andrea said...

The oldest children are such a blessing, and so helpful.

I can't believe that you are having a baby in 2 weeks. WOW!! Good Luck, and I can't wait to hear how everything goes. I miss you.

Dave said...

Tara, you guys are welcome ANY time. We'll be more than happy to tag along to anything you want to do. We saw signs for Mary Poppins on Broadway - that would be a fun show, don't you think? I love you.

Mindy said...

So! I see that last post was done at 4:47 am. How in the world are you able to be happy and think about wonderful cute children at such an awful hour???

Jessica said...

I love the capes!!! He is such a boy! That's so nice when the older ones want to "mother." Lately Scarlet has become Sebastien's little tag-along & he's so good with her--he'll be a great dad someday!

heather said...

How adorable! I miss playing with your kids! I think we should do Thanksgiving again this year, and this time our house will be the middle point! Whatyya say? :)

Katie said...

Yay for capes! Yay for helpful older siblings! As the youngest in my own family, I maintain that older siblings only exist to torment the younger ones...kidding, kidding!

(me, hoping my brother doesn't read this)

robyncreates said...

I am such a sap! I almost started crying reading this! Your kids are priceless!

Bonnie said...

I've been so impressed with how K looks after J-boy -- what a sweetheart! Can't wait to see how she and J-boy will be with their baby sister. Love to you all --