Monday, July 21, 2008

Meet the baby!!






Here she is! Wow! Good thing I snuck that prego post in on Saturay!
We haven't decided on the name yet, but she's responding well to angel and sweetheart. :)
I had contractions all day Sunday, about 4 pm I decided she was going to make it before midnight. So I cleaned the house! If I was going to 'labor' on the Sabbath, I might as well get a clean house out of the deal! :)
I packed my bags (K packed her own and J-boy's bags w/o much supervision - I sure hope they have what they need!!), Joseph was making dinner, so I hopped in the bathtub to relax. There are few things I enjoy more than a bubble bath with music, so I indulged and basked in lavendar scented bubble bath and Chopin Nocturnes. And, of course, shaved my legs. :) When I got out of the tub things sped up a little faster than I'd anticipated -- we left the kids with our fabulous neighbors to wait for Grandma and Grandpa and headed to the hospital at 7:30. My nurse-midwife made it in to check me at 7:55, and our little lady made her grand appearance at 8:01!! Kind of surreal!
We're doing really well - she's perfect! I can't wait for K and J-boy to come meet her. :)

22 comments:

Calli Potter said...

She's Beautiful Tara! Congratulations!

Ann Kerr said...

Congratulations! She's perfect.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad everything went well. She's so beautiful. congrats.

Sheffer's said...

Congrats!!! She's gorgeous! I can't wait to meet her. We'll have to have john come over soon to play while you rest.

Dave said...

Yay!!!! She is beautiful. Personally I think her initials should be A.B.L (just sounds right being closer to her Adamson roots :) WE LOVE YOU!!!

Brunson's said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you. And what an amazing labor story. I am glad you made it there. Talk about a real woman waiting that long. Way to go Tara!!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness Tara! She is so beautiful! I love her A name! These are the kind of ocassions that makes me sad being so far away from our family. I wish we could go visit right now!! I'm glad everything went well and that you made it to the hospital right on time! :) That's amazing! I love you!

bbfamwagon said...

Tara! She's absolutely beautiful! Can't believe she couldn't put in an appearance a mere 48 hours earlier! So glad things went well and that your legs were clean-shaven for the blessed event. Kendra and I will be there on August 4th -- we can't wait!

Jaron said...

You are superwoman, already posting a post! Congratulations, she is gorgeous! We're happy labor went well! (This is Becky, by the way. Obviously. :-)

ryan said...

Ry and I can't wait to meet the perfect little girl!! She is the luckiest baby in the world coming into your family! Congrats - I love you!!

Missy said...

Gosh! I wasn't gone THAT long!! You AND Angie had your babies while I was gone!! She's beautiful! Congrats! I can't wait for the name!

Burgess Family said...

Sounds like it was good you got to the hospital when you did. She looks beautiful.

Jessica said...

What a beautiful addition to your sweet family--she is perfect! I can't believe how short your labor was & that you got to take a nice, relaxing bath beforehand --I'll have to remember that one!

Katie said...

Tara, she is gorgeous! I would expect nothing less, given her gene pool...

AHHH! I want to come visit. But I guess I have my wedding to go to...

I want to know once you pick a name!

Unknown said...

congratulations!!! i'm so happy for you. she's such a cutie. and I think you should go with the A name, if my opinion counts for anything ;) hope we can see you all sometime soon! miss you

robyncreates said...

Congratulations! SHe's gorgeous! Glad things went so smoothly for you too!!! (I cannot imagine!) :)

Andrea said...

Yeah!! I am so happy for you. She is beautiful, and it soundsl ike things went amazingly well. I can't wait to talk to you. I will have to give you a call when things die down a bit.

Angie said...

She's beautiful! And it looks like you took more advantage of the hospital time than I did...great pictures...really. I didn't even think of taking my camera out to do a photo shoot.

HTF said...

What great photos! Congrats guys! She's beautiful - clearly doesn't get that from Joseph! :0
Scott

Alison Woods said...

She's so cute! So rosy and soft looking. Congratulations!

Misty said...

Just precious! Congrats to the whole family...I personally like the A name better. WOW! If we could all have the same labor experience, it would be a perfect world. ;-) Hope you are doing well!

Ashlee said...

She's beautiful! Any name yet?! I can only hope my next delivery goes so well! Congrats! Can't wait to meet her!