Saturday, August 2, 2008

Keeping the Baby Blues at Bay

A friend posted this on his blog a while back, and I came across it today while I was catching up (aka procrastinating potential productivity.... I'm sure there are a GAZILLION things I could/should be doing, but the baby's asleep at the moment, so I'm blog stalking....).
My days are currently composed of crying for joy because I adore my baby, crying for pain because she's nursing, crying for frustration because my 5 year old won't leave the baby alone and my 3 year old won't leave ME alone, and crying for myself because I can't help it -- suddenly my kids movies are moving, and my movies are heartbreaking, and I'm not even going to talk about church commercials and Hallmark cards! Nothing too serious - pretty much just your standard postpartum hormonal imbalance. But when I watched this video, I just couldn't stop smiling and laughing! It was really pleasant for a change! How great is this world where you can dance badly and everyone dances with you! :) So I decided to share the joy (don't start crying or anything!).



Where the Heck is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

15 comments:

Christal said...

Wow! That guy knows how to LIVE! Where do I sign up for that THAT trip?! At least point me in the direction of the person who paid for it!!! Thanks for sharing the goosebumps!

Alison Woods said...

I love that! Thanks for sharing!

HLFackrell said...

I would like to see his passport. I wonder how they got all those people to participate? As far as the baby blues go just wait. It gets better.

Calli Potter said...

That was awesome! I am back from vacation and my house if empty from visitors so I would LOVE to have your kids over to play ANYTIME... espicially during babys naptime so that you can nap, blog stalk, or do whatever you feel like!

Mindy said...

Eric just told me that he is from Washington. :) LOVE IT!

Jessica said...

I just got done watching the video on Andrea's blog (I cried, of course), so it was nice to have a little laugh after that! Please let me take your kids to the pool or something this week--I'll call you!

Krysta said...

Congratulations on your new baby. She's beautiful! Why do we women have to deal with hormones on top of everything else?!? I'm glad you got a good laugh.

Katie said...

Good luck chasing away the baby blues! I had post-wedding blues, but a few naps took care of them.

I put up a few wedding pictures on our blog!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

FUNNY FUNNY!
During your stage of life, (and all the rest) it is good to have HUMOR! Snuggle that little soul everyday--soon she will be crawling!

Angie said...

That's a cool video. It would be awesome to go to all of those places.
With all the pain and frustration involved, sometimes I wonder if nursing really is worth it. (Getting personal...Evelynn is too lazy to get the hind milk out so I've had to hand express it into her mouth just to make sure she gets a full feeding...just when I thought my body was toughening up, I introduce something new to the picture and the pain returns.)
I don't know if you've done this, but I asked Rob to give me a blessing last Saturday (a particularly difficult day) and I've been on cloud nine ever since. I even chased the kids around the house today! (And now I'm feeling it...I shouldn't have been running so soon!)

Andrea said...

That was so funny. I am with Christal. I want to take that trip. I hope those baby blues don't last to long. It will pass.

Patty said...

Very fun video. I had the baby blues with my 3rd. I hope it passes for you soon. Great blog. Patty W.

Mindy said...

I know what else keeps the baby blue away... MORE BLOGGING!!! Please? Can I have some more pictures? Please? Beuler? Beuler? (seriously... that can't be how you spell it... hmm...)

Angela said...

So, can we see more pictures of baby A?!! I can't think why you haven't posted more pictures lately. :) I'm sure you are crazy busy but we really want to see how big she's getting!

Dave said...

I saw this post a few weeks ago, but still wanted to leave a comment - what a cool video. It reaffirms the fact that it is the simple things in life that bring happiness - and Angela is quick to point out that dancing is included in that list :)