Thursday, February 4, 2010

Collage Catch-up Part Deux

Thank you for the birthday wishes!  You are all wonderful!

Now, forgive my untimeliness (yes, I know it's February!), but I've got to finish the collage catch-up -- here's Christmas!
After driving all day in rain, we made it to Grandma & Grandpa's the evening of the 23rd.  It started raining ice on Christmas Eve, and by Christmas morning, we were in a winter wonderland!
We spent Christmas Eve with all the local family who stayed in town, and then had Grandma and Grandpa all to ourselves on Christmas morning - we felt so spoiled!
By the time the Jake and Jen came around we needed to get out, so we went sledding - behind Jake's CRV!!  It was so fun sliding around the parking lot!
I wanted to try for a more home-made Christmas this year - I can't figure out if I'm trendy because I make stuff or if I'm nerdy because I make stuff.  (just to clarify - I think everyone who "makes stuff" is awesome - I just want to be like you)   Anyway, above are pics of most of my Christmas gift crafts (& links if I found it on the web). 
1. super hero cape & mask for nephew (made it up)
2. Let It Snow sign for Dave (love that Cricut)
3. Black Apple Doll + accessories for Bailey (Black Apple Doll pattern here - I made her a little skirt and blazer because I'm not modern enough to leave her lower half nekked! I made up Bailey's skirt, too.  I found the flower clip here)
4. reversible apron for my mother-in-law (from this book I found at our library, probably the most complicated thing I've ever sewn on my own!)
5. another black apple doll w/ hair flower clip for another niece
6. baby Sling for Angela (from KarmaBaby)
7. buttercup bag for Heidi (from Made By Rae)
8. notebook & crayon caddy for K & J - made it up -- it's a modified crayon roll w/ a big pocket for the steno notepad.  These are for church, and I LOVE THEM.
It was really fun to be all crafty - I really do like to make things (be it nerdy or not!)

Cute little blizzard-maker!
We went to our old stomping grounds in OP, KS, to see our best friends and attend our old church.  But mother nature foiled our plans - church was cancelled because of the weather (as my sister said, "Church was canceled by an act of God!")  So we had a good snow day and just played all day.  We still got to see a handful of friends (at least most of those who were in town for the holidays!)
We CUT HER HAIR!  I finally decided her long, gorgeous, coveted hair wasn't worth the damage it was doing to our relationship every morning as we sorted out the tangled mess before school.  (whew, run on sentence!)  She wanted to look just like her best friend, Madeline. :) Thanks for your good work, Jen!

Best Friends!!  How cute are they?! 
Uncle Jake fooled Baby A into loving him by pretending from the get-go that he was daddy!  Baby A just went with it, and Jake didn't have to endure the 'warm-up' period she put everyone else through. :)
I love my kiddos!

And if you made it to the end of this mile-long post, I love you.  Consider yourself hugged. :)
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Christal said...

I LOOOOVVE it when your posts are a mile long! K's hair is cute. Your mantle was lovely. Jake's "daddy" prank was great. And I really liked the hug.:) Christams looked like a wonderful time for you. (...it was wonderful to see you in KC!) Miss you.

Andrea said...

I love you, we share the mile long posts. That is something we have in common. I love all your projects, and wanted to do the same for family, but I need to start now for this year.
Thanks for your ideas.

KT said...

I'm so sad we were out of town when you came through! It looks like you had a terrific Christmas. Your projects look fabulous, proving once again that you can do anything. You all look great! Miss you!

Rachel said...

Your projects turned out great! I know if I did a homemade Christmas it would be rather pathetic:) I love your collages - what program do you use?

bbfamwagon said...

What a beautiful post! Love your collages, and especially love the people pictured in them!

Jake's "daddy" prank reminds me of what you said when you first told me about Joseph: "He's an identical twin, but he's much cuter than his brother!"

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Katie's hair is adorable. It was nice to see you guys!

Angela said...

Love it all!! I want a fireplace so bad and then copy everything you've done with yours! =)

K looks so cute with short hair! Well, I guess it doesn't matter what her hair is like because she is gorgeous anyways. Baby A is looking bigger and cuter! And BTW I can't believe J is turning 5 this year!!!

Love you all!

Missy said...

You are quite the decorator and seamstress. Can I be like you when I grow up? I'd love to do a homemade Christmas if I knew it would be good. I usually only do one a year and it usually consists of vinyl...easy!
K's hair is really cute. I bet she loves it.

heather said...

Love Love Love the collages Tara! They look so good, and it gives your entire Christmas trip this magical kind of feeling. Makes me happy. :)

Ericka said...

Can you teach me how to make those photo collages? You are awesome! I love the new haircut, apron (I seriosuly want one), and all the christmas/winter pics. Your hair is so long...especially straight, and gorgeous I might add. Love those big eyes on your baby too! I like the long posts. :)

bbfamwagon said...

I already commented, but in looking at this again, I have to say -- I've never thought of lighting the Willow Tree nativity that way -- it's beautiful!

The Dooley Family said...

I love it all!! You're wonderful!

Uncle Jacob's daddy prank runs in our family too...except our dad and uncle used to really pretend to be the other one so we'd be scared of our dad and run to our uncle...
...so mean :o)

Congrats on the BIG GIRL haircut! I'm so glad you got to see so many people!!

Katie said...

Thank you for sharing. Makes the distance seem a little shorter between us!