Saturday, February 20, 2010

this and that


J-boy said, "Uncle Ryan taught me how to do this." :)

We've had lots and lots of snow lately - this particular night we got around 3-4 inches - and we left the sliding door on the van open all night long! Joseph had it mostly cleaned up before I took a picture, but I just had to laugh and laugh.
You can see little bits of the snow drift and Baby A sitting on a grocery sack (since her hot little bum was sure to melt the ice-crusted car seat!).

And K-lady lost her two front teeth! It was a little involuntary -- She and J-boy like to hop around with both legs stuffed into one pant leg on their PJ's. It's always bugged me SO MUCH (I think because by the time they are in PJ's I'm generally not in the mood to be amused by their antics - I just want them IN BED!) Anyway, she tripped and knocked her already loose teeth quite a bit more loose. Joseph whipped out some lidocaine and hypodermics and did a little tooth extraction while I distracted K-lady with tales of tea parties when I was 10. :)

Thanks for the kind comments and advice - it always does work out. I always wish I could see the end from the beginning, but it's never worked that way yet! And I suppose that's a good thing. My word for the year is diligence - to me it means one day at a time, each requirement fulfilled step by step. I'm trying to turn "endure-to-the-end" into "joy-in-the-journey" -- one day at a time. :)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Andrea said...

What a fun van ride. I love you guys do silly things just like me. I recently left my van running, unlocked in a restaurant parking lot for 1 1/2 hours while we ate.

It is a miracle no one stole it.

I know that it will work out. Just be patient. I tell myself everyday to keep moving forward. Just keep doing that, and you will forget how much time has passed.

bbfamwagon said...

Love J-boy's sunglasses trick, K-lady's toothless smile, and the snowy van! Remember the Bakers in our ward in Washington? One Sunday they left their car running in the parking lot during the entire three hour block! They (and we) laughed a long time about that one!

Love to all of you!

heather said...

You are fabulous. Have I told you that lately?

The Dooley Family said...

wow! Who else would have lidocaine on hand!? I woulda killed for that stuff when I was little and my dad was trying to pull out my teeth!

Christal said...

Yes, I completely understand the "one day at a time" thing. It seems that's the only thing thing to do at a time when the future is full of uncertainty and black holes. SO~I love YOU and all the ways you look for giggles in life!!!

Katie said...

I am in "one day at a time mode" right now as well... although I must say, I admire your outlook. I would NOT have been able to laugh at the van thing. I would have gone ballistic and made everything worse.

You are still my hero.

Missy said...

That's crazy that you left your door open! I'm sure it was freeeeezing!
Brinley looks alot like K-lady with her teeth missing too.

Heather said...

I LOVE the toothless grin.... #5 has lost one and the other is just hangin in there.. it wiggles when she breathes!! When ya commin back home we miss you and I need a project buddy!!!