Monday, July 6, 2009

Proud!



Happy Fourth of July, everyone! (yes, I'm aware it's the 6th...) I'm so grateful for our wonderful country. We went to our new town's 4th of July parade Saturday morning. The first half of the parade was fun old cars full of veterans from World War II, Vietnam, & the Korean War. There were even Pearl Harbor survivors. My heart filled with gratitude for the men and women who fight to preserve our freedom and share those freedoms with others. It is such a blessing to be raising our children in this country.

To my brother and dad and all those who have faithfully and honorably served our nation, Thank You. It is truly an honor.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

The Dooley Family said...

Fun!! I love the picture of you covering Addie's ears! :o)

Hey, what's your new address? I'd love to send you a wedding announcement!

bbfamwagon said...

What a beautiful collage -- thanks for sharing it! I'm so glad you're having fun!

Cydney Jensen said...

So I know that we talked about the fact that you were in the BYU king henry ward that my dad was in the bishopric for...here is his blog. http://kerryjstravels.blogspot.com He was just here for our daughters blessing and was sad that he had missed you guys!

Dave said...

Love you Tara - glad you had a good weekend (even if it wasn't with us..:)

Dave said...

Awesome collage! I also love the picture of you covering A's ears. Did she like the fireworks? Bailey was scared when she first heard them but then she saw the lights and she started laughing all of the sudden. So I guess she liked them. =)
I'm glad you enjoy the parade and fireworks. We miss you!

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I, too, need your new address!

As always, I enjoy looking at your photos. You have such a beautiful family!

Lu said...

cute pics! i too love this country! we are so blessed!