Tuesday, July 21, 2009

At the Beach



As far as I'm concerned, the greatest advantage to living here is that my darling sister lives about 5 minutes away. How lucky am I?!
With mom, dad, and three out of the 6 siblings here, my brother Dave and his family in Jersey just couldn't resist - they had to come for a quick visit. :) This meant that all 5 grandkids could play together for one brief weekend! After everyone helped unload the moving truck, we decided it was time for some fun. Heather and Ryan took care of us -- they planned & prepped the food for the entire weekend, and Heather made sure we always had something fun to do. We spent a fun afternoon at the beach of a local state park -- the kids loved the sand!

My baby's getting so big and adventurous -- it's making me really sad this time around watching my baby grow up.


Kendra and K-lady were lovely mermaids while burried in the sand. Not so with J-boy -- he was a shark. You can tell from his grimmace.


I'm so glad Dave & Angela & Bailey came -- it was so fun to be with them again! They helped me relax a little -- just when I'd be getting uptight about the crazy mess and huge amounts of work at home, Dave would tell me to chill out and have some fun. What a smart big brother.
Ms. K just worships her Aunt Kendra. It was so fun to have her around! K still asks if I think Aunt Kendra would like this shirt, or if Aunt Kendra would eat that food. :) Of course, I always answer in the affirmative (apparently Aunt Kendra is VERY supportive of eating vegetables...)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Lu said...

Looks like lots of fun. I'm totally with you on being sad this time around about my Addie growing up too fast. :[

inkylou said...

What a fun beach outing! That's so great that you've got family close, and even more fun that more could visit. So, can we go with you to the beach next time? :)

Angela said...

That was such a fun weekend! I'm so glad we were able to go. Hopefully, we'll see you soon again!

Katie said...

Wow! That looks like a good time! I'm glad that your family got to have a mini-reunion.

bbfamwagon said...

I"m so glad that I can be such a good influence on Miss K! (:
-Kendra

Andrea said...

It was so fun to talk to you the other day. I hope that the move went well. I can't believe how big your little one is .

Angie said...

I didn't realize there was a beach close to Columbus!

kristi said...

Where did you go? Looks like fun!