Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our "one-lasts" in KC

We had some good bits of fun while Joseph was pedaling his heart out on the Continental Divide -

One last Ladies Night In for digital scrapbooking and chatting. These ladies are GREAT! I miss our late night chats!

One last trip to the KC Zoo -- to bring our grand total of visits to a whoppin' 3 in five years. We had fun with three other families of friends. The Kangaroos just roam around wherever they want -- I was tempted to drag Joseph back with his cap and gown to get a picture of him with his alma mater's mascot (what kind of a feirce mascot is a 'roo???)
Once Joseph and my parents & sister made it to KC we had one last extended family night at the park with all the KC crew -- one last hurrah with cousins! Good food, good people!

One last get-together with school and church friends -- popsicles, bubbles and side walk chalk always make for a good time.

Obviously, one last hug and one last FLEX with best friends

I didn't get pictures, but we also had one last dinner at OK Joe's BBQ with my parents and sisters -- I still dream of their Z-man sandwich and crack fries! And one last dinner with the Bills' at their house -- I think we actually did take a picture at this one, but I sure can't find it now.... And, of course, we had to have one last Mormon Village BBQ in the backyard. (Why do all my memorable moments involve lots of yummy, not-so-good-for-me food??)

It's interesting to be at the end of this phase of our lives. I keep waiting for the 'vacation' to be over, and to head back to OP Estates to dig into another semester. :) Part of me feels so grown up, but part of me feels so inexperienced and unprepared. I'm thinking I'd better get used to this feeling -- I'll probably be enjoying it for the next 50 years or so. :)

Side note -- this is my 100th post! Happy blogging, everyone!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Angela said...

The collages are awesome! I loved the last hug and last flex one. So funny and sad at the same time. I'm glad you've been able to be close to family and great friends all these years.

Sheffer's said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for reminding me that I have some pictures to email you. :D It's weird being in 'your house', I still expect to see you guys all the time! Caleb wouldn't sleep at night the first few days because "this not our house, this J's house!" We miss you! Glad to hear you're doing good.

Dave said...

It's too bad you had to leave all your friends and family in KC, but let's be honest - you'll probably be back there in a year or two anyway so it's about time you let our side of the family spend some time with you!! I love you!

Dave said...

Even if Heather is the only lucky one, but what's eight hrs? We're practically neighbors considering where I've spend most of the last year...

Katie said...

I'm with Angela. Loving the last flex and hug.

TPlayer said...

Oklahoma Joe's BBQ is DEFINITELY good for you... it's good for everyone! Yummy Kansas City food makes me happy too! (I miss home pretty much everyday!)