Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Two months already?!


Weight: 9 lbs, 13 oz
Height: 22 inches tall


I can't believe how fast the time is flying. Baby A is 2 months old, sweet and full of smiles. Her favorite activity in the whole wide world is eating. But she also likes hanging out in her swing (I'm so grateful for baby gear!), 'playing' with her sister (her brother is just kind of dangerous as far as she's concerned), and having her diaper changed. :) We can't quite figure out our daytime schedule (I'm looking forward to the days of consistent napping -- I have faith they will come), but she sleeps for a solid 8 hours every night, wakes up to eat, then sleeps for another 2-3. I really really really like that about her.

It's been so nice to take things a little more slowly. I'm not teaching as much, and Joseph's schedule is a little less rigorous this year - his academic load is not as heavy. I was released from my calling in the Primary Presidency the day Baby A was born, and now I'm the ward organist, and I teach Relief Society once a month. Piece of cake! At first it felt strange to not have 60 children to corral every Sunday, but now I'm enjoying Sundays as a day of rest! Life in general is a little simpler, and I'm really enjoying motherhood. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoyed my other kids' babyhood. But with K, I was mourning the end of my college days, and we were in an uncomfortable transition from self-employment to graduate school when J was a baby. With A, it's almost like I'm coasting along - we definitely have our moments, but it's not so hard this time around. We're just more settled. And I like it!

I've been having fun taking pictures of my kids. One of these days I'll fork over the money and take a photography class, but in the meantime I'll just keep experimenting. These pictures were too funny -- when Joseph saw the one on the left, he said, "Is that our kid??" And so begins the "For Future Bribery" section of Baby A's scrapbook.



12 comments:

Rachel said...

Look at that dark hair! What a cutie:)

heather said...

I can't believe how dark her hair is!! Oh my gosh, she is GORGEOUS!!! Oh I can't wait to meet her ... how far away is Christmas again? :) I'm so glad that everything is going so well for you - you definitely deserve it!! Give everyone a huge hug for me!! Love and miss you all!! Oh - and love the outtakes. So funny!!

Angela said...

She is a beauty! She looks so sweet. You know, my Samuel is only a few months older than her; maybe in 21 or so years, we can hook them up. =)Were you still serving in the primary with Leanne? If so, that was a long time. I'm glad you have easier callings now. I don't know that I would call teaching RS easy, but you're a great teacher. Great pictures BTW.

Carrie said...

So So cute :) I totally understand what you mean about different phases in life making for different baby-hoods. Ty was easy street, Fishers was scary & wonderful (probably all first kids are), & this one is just on the heels of a chaotic year, in the middle of a year of growing pains. I'm a little scared! But excited to have family near-by, that will be a welcome change. Love your pictures & her room is Adorable!

Katie said...

The outtakes are fun. Love them. And although I've never had a baby, I understand about different phases... I never realized how much I mourned my college years, but occasionally I get these flashes of nostalgia.

While reading your post, for instance, I was nostalgic for a well-remembered Utah pit-stop on my drive cross-country...

Angie said...

She's so cute! I'm glad to see a healthy baby that doesn't weigh in the 90th percentile. My babies are healthy, skinny babies, too.
I think I'm with you...I've enjoyed slowing my life down with this one and enjoying the baby stuff. With Colden, I was too stressed as a first time mom and had breastfeeding issues with him. Dylan developed acid reflux early on...another stress. This one...she's my happy, smiley angel. And I think I've finally figured out how to breastfeed successfully...third time's the charm.

Jessica said...

The time really is flying by! She is so beautiful & I love the outtakes--so precious! We really need to have game night soon!

Andrea said...

Oh my heck, she is beautiful. She looks a little different from your other kids, I can't pinpoint who she looks like. Maybe it is the dark hair. She is adorable(so are your other children) Isn't baby #3 magic?

Dave said...

I'm a little behind, I just read this post - her hair is so dark!! Mom told me that Dad actually drove out there for the blessing. I wish we could have been there too. Please post more pictures. We love you.

Angela said...

Yay for dark hair! At least Addie will look like one of Bailey's relatives :)

Bonnie said...

She is so beautiful. I miss you all. sniff......

HLFackrell said...

I love the outtakes. She is such a darling, but then all of your children are darlings.