Sunday, October 26, 2008

A trip to the Patch

A few weeks ago a bunch of momma-friends got together and we all took a trek out to a nearby pumpkin patch. It was so fun! A few proper Midwest downpours made it extra exciting. :) The kids loved the hay maze, the tractor ride, the little craft shop, the farm animals & the playground. I loved watching them play and visiting with fabulous ladies and taking pictures!

I sewed up a baby sling earlier that morning, and gave it a try (that makes it sound like I know what I'm doing -- don't be fooled -- I don't. They're just really easy to make!). Baby A loved it! And so did I!! How cute is my $7 fabric?! These things cost $50+ retail! Check out the pattern here if you'd like to make one (or buy one from Karma Baby). I take it everywhere -- when she was smaller she could even nurse in it, but she's getting a little too big for that now.
I'm so glad I get to do fun things with my kids and be a mom. I get ornery every now and then, but I'm really pretty darn lucky! Gotta count those blessings and keep things in perspective, right??
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

heather said...

Ugh!! This just makes me want to come see you all in person this very second!!! I love it! You are gorgeous Tara - and I miss you all!!

Angela said...

What great pictures! I love them all, especially the one of you with the kids. You are such a beautiful and incredible mom!

robyncreates said...

Love the fabric! And I think that is a different pattern than the one I have...I'll have to look at it more and make sure Misty sees it too. Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I love fall pics!

Andrea said...

I love the baby sling. It is so great. I can't believe you made that. How long did it take you. I love the family pictures. You all look beautiful.

Angie said...

I love playing with my kids, too. I feel like I haven't been playing with them enough lately...maybe that's why the middle child is having so many melt downs...then again, he's 2.