Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Take me out to the Ball Game!

A few weeks ago we went to our first (and possibly last) Royals game. Joseph and I are trying to GET OUT and DO MORE STUFF that the local community has to offer -- the clock is ticking, and graduation is actually in sight. Of course, procrastinating is so ingrained in my character that it has to apply here, as well: less than a year left = time to squish in some memories!!

So when a friend offered us four tickets and a parking pass to the game, we took it gratefully. I borrowed my friends' baby sling for Baby A, and she slept peacefully for most of the game (the home runs were a little startling). Great seats (right by third base), expensive consessions ($12 for a bitty plate of nachos!), season ticket holders all around us (they make things exciting) and a solid win (including 3 home runs) made the night a blast.  It's so all-American - definitely something everyone should experience, baseball fan or not.
 
Excited much?
 
It might look like an embrace, but K was actually restraining J-boy -- that kid was ALL OVER!
 
Self photography at it's finest.
 
Baby A thought it was all exhausting.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Good for you! Do all you can before you leave . . . you'll have special memories of your time there.

robyncreates said...

Do you like the slings? I know Misty wants one and I have a pattern for one-they made them in our ward for enrichment once, but I don't have a baby right now, so I haven't made one...yet. (No, that is not an announcement...I wish.) :)

robyncreates said...

We also did the "hurry and make lots of memories" the last several mos that we were in TN and even if we were a little slow getting started-we loved it and the kids remember some of them.

Angela said...

How fun! That's cool that you got pictures of everyone! The pictures of K "restraining" J is hilarious!
We love you guys!

heather said...

Ry and I always talk about how we need to GET OUT and DO MORE STUFF ... I hate this procrastination business, but unfortunately I cannot help it! Geez ... well ... maybe with you guys *possibly* coming to Ohio it would give us enough incentive to DO MORE STUFF!

Think you could help a poor little sister out? :)

Missy said...

Ahh...baseball games...not one of the most exciting sports to watch but nonetheless pretty fun. We still need to take our kids sometime.

Bonnie said...

Looks like great fun! Did you stand up and sing "Mr. Gehrig may we snap your photo..." during the seven-inning stretch? Remember how we would insert Mr. Griffey, then Mr. Ichiro in there for Mariners' games?

Andrea said...

That is my favorite past time. You know me and baseball. I am so missing the majors. We have gone to one minor game here and it is just not the same. GO ROYALS!!