Monday, June 2, 2008

K's Piano Prowess


K's been enjoying my Let's Play Music classes for the past two years. She's learned so much about music! It's been great fun to watch her learn and grow -- she has great rhythm, she sings on pitch, she accompanies her singing on the piano, and she's getting a fabulous theory foundation. I love sharing music with her -- teaching my kids about the things I love is one of the great perks of parenting. :) We practiced every day together for about 15 minutes, and it was so good for both of us - just that little bit of one-on-one time helped K feel so important.

This video is two little bits from our Spring Recital. I kind of unintentionally sabotaged my 'camera man' - my very supportive hsuband. :\ I forgot to charge the digital camera battery, so all we had was the video camera. He got that set up on the tripod, but every time I moved around during the presentation he'd try to adjust while chasing our very active and busy 3 year old. Anyway, it was a little difficult. I'm going to try to catch Katie playing here at home sometime soon so you can enjoy her mad skillz. :) In the meantime, here's a song about intervals - aka 'Turtle Shells' (you get to see her cute face, if not her fantastic fingers), and a little clip of our classical music puppet show - 'The Pirate Ship.'


12 comments:

bbfamwagon said...

This is so incredibly cute I can hardly stand it! I'm very impressed with K and you both!

Missy said...

I wish I lived by you so I could sign Brinely up for your class! It looks like so much fun and you do a great job!

Dave said...

She is beautiful. So when did music classes become fun? :)

Alison Woods said...

We want you to live here! You are so talented. What a cute class!

Unknown said...

Music class became fun when I started helping K practice consistently. :) She wasn't enjoying it so much when she felt stupid.... But once she was as-good-or-better than the rest of the kids, she loved it! Amazing the way peer pressure works on even a 5 year old!

Angela said...

That's beyond cute!!! Thanks for posting this video! As everyone else, I wish we lived closer to you guys.

Rachel said...

So cute! But why on earth didn't you have a chair to sit on miss pregnant!

Angie said...

I just have to reciprocate what other out-of-town friends are saying...I wish I could sign my boys up in your class! That awesome that they are enjoying music and learning theory at such a young age. Colden sometimes enjoys playing "chopsticks" and the knuckle song. Not too bad for a 3 year old.

Lisa said...

That is so cute. You are amazing Tara! I love seeing peoples talent with music. It is awesome what you can teach a child to do at such a young age. They are so capable of so much more than what we sometimes give them credit for.
It was so great to be able to see you. You have a wonderful family! Our kids had so much fun together. Thank you for letting us all come into your home.

Mindy said...

You are so amazing Tara!!!

Becca Shirts said...

Tara! Wow, I can't believe how beautiful K is! And she obviously has inherited your wonderful talent! She was so cute! Man I miss you! When are you due? Boy or Girl? Love ya!
Becca

Andrea said...

You are amazing, and so blessed with musical talent. A gift I wish I had.