Friday, June 20, 2008

Father's Day



K, J-boy and I made this book for Joseph for Father's Day (can you pick out which pages were colored by J-boy??). It was really fun to think about all the wonderful things he does as a dad -- he has a great example in his own dad, and it shows in the way he plays with and teaches our kids. I am so grateful for my fabulous husband!
We had a fun visit with some of my in-laws on Father's Day -- the weather was actually relatively cool, and we enjoyed a thunderstorm from the picnic shelter (in between rounds of badminton and lacrosse).
After the storm the kids enjoyed 'skating' at the skate park nearby. No, not on skate boards or roller blades - they used good old fashioned mud. :)


Our little nephew had a grand ol' time - I love his laugh in this clip.

4 comments:

Missy said...

You are just too dang creative!! What a cute book! I'll bet he LOVED it!
You guys are GREAT parents to let your kids get all muddy like that! I'd (& Shawn) have a HARD time!

Calli Potter said...

The book is such a cute idea, and I love that you guys get out and enjoy games together!

Jessica said...

I'm loving K-girl's pose in the mud picture! You guys are such a cute family!

Kate Diamond said...

Wow. You are giving me flashbacks to some of the best things I remember from my childhood... I'm so glad you let your kids get muddy! I'm so glad there's coloring and construction paper fun!