Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm an addict

It's time to come clean. It's effecting my family life. I can't take care of my children. I can hardly get dressed in the morning. I never cook dinner anymore, and I'm lucky if I make it to work on time. My husband is trying to help, but what can he do?
My name is Tara. And I'm a digital scrapbook addict.
har har (I know, I'm ridiculous).
I decided to make J-boy's baby book (yes, he's nearly 3) a digital one since I'm still paper scrapping K's first birthday (that would be 4 years ago). So, for the past few weeks I've neglected hearth and home, not to mention children and husband, and digi-scrapped to my hearts content. And I love it! Most of the layouts have too much personal info for me to post here, but here's a few.
If you want to encourage me in my new obsession, shoot me an email or leave a comment to that extent and I'll send you the link to the whole album so far. I've finished 19 pages in one month!!!!!!! That's a TON for me. (I'm a VERY SLOW scrapbooker).
Anyway, this is what I do all day to take my mind off my rumbly tummy/morning sickness junk. Drugs are great (thanks to zofran I can now digest!!), but I still feel gross a lot. So this helps! :) There, I've rationalized the neglect of my family. I can scrapbook in peace. :)

10 comments:

Angela said...

OH I WANT TO SEE IT ALL!! I feel like I want to scrapbook all day long after seeing this pictures! What's the software you're using? I haven't even started Bailey's. And 19 pages in a month! That's amazing!! I guess you're not that slow anymore. Thanks for posting those pages, they are beautiful!

Missy said...

I, too, want to see the whole album!! I did one digi page and I was addicted to it for 3 days trying to make it just right. It is addicting!
These pages are SO cute!! What program are you using?

Tara said...

I'm using Photoshop Elements v.6. I love it! I had an old Photoshop 7.0, and Elements is so much easier to use. I started out really slow, too, but it gets faster. Anyway, thanks for being interested. :)

Rachel said...

I want to see the whole thing! I'm thinking of switching to digital too..how much does the photoshop program cost?

Tara said...

The cheapest I've seen is at Costco for about $80 - you might be able to get a better deal with an older version of Elements online.

robyncreates said...

I love these Tara! I have gotten into the digi-scrapping the last year or so, but don't get near as into it as you! They look great! Hmmmm...photoshop sounds like a good bday present for me to get for myself...heehee :)

ryan said...

Tara, you are so cute. I think it's healthy to confess this obsession, especially when it produces such beautiful stuff! I definitely want to see the whole album - I admire your leap into the digital world. I still love working with real paper and my hands, but I bet that will change as life gets a little busy once we have the baby! We'll see ... :) Love you!

Mindy said...

Holy! You have done a lot of updating on your blog! Have I been neglectful? I love the pictures!! They are so beautiful! Yes, I really would like to see the whole book! Love you lots!

Kate Diamond said...

I, too, want to see the whole book! I vote yes! And I'm impressed with your scrapbooking savvy! (My stuff is currently up in our attic. Yay! I own an attic! But boo! All of my creative stuff seems to be moldering away up there while I struggle to survive the school year!)

Calli Potter said...

So cute! It is definitly a skill I will have to learn before Joseph graduates and you move away!