Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow Time!




Joseph is the designated snow-playing-parent. If you don't have one in your family, I'd highly recommend making the assignment in your favor (ie, if you prefer to make the hot chocolate and cookies, stay inside! Or if sledding tubes and freezer fingers and snuggling up to a snowman is more your style, plan accordingly). We never had much snow in the places I remember growing up, so getting 2-3 inches of snow every two weeks is a lot to me. But in spite of it's frequency (and the accompanying inconveniences) it's still magical for my kids.



5 comments:

Missy said...

I'm with you there!! but I did actually take the kids sledding w/o Shawn and it was pretty darn fun!

Dave said...

I wanna be the designated snow-playing parent....:(

Rachel said...

and then there's the mom like me that has their kid invite a friend over to play in the snow while I watch from inside.. Although if we actually had hills around here, I'd be all for sledding:)

Tara said...

Don't worry, Dave - maybe next winter!!! Missy & Rach - you have always been more adventurous than I - I used to love sledding, but it seems by the time I wrestle the kids into their gear I'm just so happy to shoo them outside without me. :)

Kate Diamond said...

Wow. Now I'm having memories of sledding into the trees at the bottom of Hendersons' hill...