Monday, September 17, 2012

Labor Day

Labor Day 2007 was my first post on this little blog.  So why not just pick up here and see if I can manage to maintain some sort of feeble attempt at family history???  We'll see if I ever get around to posting any of my hundreds of pictures from the last year and a half.  But I might as well start somewhere!
We camped out Sunday night @ Joseph's brother's house for Labor Day.  I'm out of practice here and have nothing fun or witty to say, so I'll just post pics. :)

J-boy has officially entered into a solid pyro stage.  He could NOT get enough of the campfire.  

 And K-lady is hooked on these four wheelers.   Joseph let her ride in front and 'drive.'  
 We had a little family 'fireside' - sang a few songs (Princess Pat was a must), heard a few stories, shared a few testimonies.
 This little lady went above and beyond and lost a tooth right in the middle of it all. :)
 And in the sweet clear cool morning we anxiously waited for Grandma and Grandpa to come so we could....
 milk the goats!!
 Meet Sunny.  
She and her other lady goat friend are Grandma's new babies.  (awkward angle, right??  Sunny feels violated.  Grandma kept inadvertently squirting me.  I got me and camera out of there pretty quick after that.)
 Meanwhile, back at the house, this little guy mixed up the OJ and tasted every bit.  Mmm.  Good stuff.  Great for the immune system with all that vitamin C and saliva.  : P
 The daddys had a pedi-contest.  

 The dentists in the family had a distinct advantage, having such highly developed fine motor skills.  :)
 Isn't this a gorgeous little niece???  
 And a gorgeous little Girly-A.  Do you think those two might be related?!
Girly-A took this picture of me.  Why oh why do I have the complexion of a high schooler with the wrinkles of a 32 year old??
Now there's a handsome daddy. :)  

4 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Keep up the posting! I love your blog! I always love to see my family on it too! :) As for the skin of a teenager and the wrinkles of a 32 year old - you know photoshop, so give yourself a little digital botox. I do! You deserve it!

Angela said...

The post from Alison (up there) made me laugh so hard! I like her! =)
Yay for a new post!! I love seeing you and know what you are all up to!! Love ya!

heather said...

Okay, L-man is totally in a pyro stage too! We went camping last weekend and he was ALWAYS right next to the fire. I had to pry him away. And I can't believe how alike Girly-A and cousin are! That is insane! I remember Mindy and Syndee always pretending they were twins - I wonder if those girls will do the same? And I love how girly-A had different toenail polish on each foot. Reminds me of when K was painting her toes getting ready for the wedding, and we tried every angle we could to keep it toned down and semi-appropriate for weddings. That girl has a lot of love for standing out! :) Oh I miss and love you all!

bbfamwagon said...

Love it all! Thanks for sharing!