Tuesday, June 29, 2010

J-boy


May 26th was J-boy's last day of preschool -- here he is with his teacher, Ms. Raquel, and his best buddy (and best buddy's little brother in the back). Preschool was pretty good to J-boy - he always told me Ms. Raquel made them LEARN so they didn't have enough time to PLAY, but that sounded like an okay problem to me. :) They met 2 days a week from 10-12, and Ms. Raquel built her curriculum working her way through the alphabet in order. She sent home cute little crafts and projects, and J-boy liked seeing his buddies (7 little boys and 2 little girls made up the class).

After school that last day, we got Wendy's and had a picnic on the front lawn.
J-boy is such a law unto himself as far as fashion goes. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on in that little head when he whips out a little number like the one pictured above. It drives me a little crazy (fashion is not my favorite thing on which to devote time/energy, but I do have some standards....), but we finally reached a compromise - I pick out his church clothes and his school clothes. And when we're home he can wear anything he likes. He's a funny kid - he is always smiling and happy-go-lucky. He's pretty easy to please, and loves to 'snuggle' with mom and a good book. He also is addicted to computer games - mostly race car games, but motorcycles sneak in there, too. He plays really well with Baby A (about 85% of the time) - the other day I had to laugh when I heard him plotting with her to tickle me -- "Let's do it, A!" And she just goes along with him - even when it means she comes in at dinner time with ears full of dirty car oil (gross!) -- "Yeah, I accidentally stuck my oily dirty fingers in Baby A's ear. Well, both of her ears."

So thanks to J-boy, you might hear something like this when you come visit our house:
"J-boy, are those K-lady's leopard print-stripped tights??"
"Oh, you found your belt! Wait, is your belt holding on daddy's underarmor as super hero pants? Of course."
"Oh, honey, yes, he looks like a cat, but you need to ask his momma before you draw on his face."
"Can you help me write my Christmas list? I want a 'mote control car. I know it starts with a mmmmm."
"I made my stretchy keychain fit around my neck! Now I have a collar!"
"Mom, where are my boots?!?!" (really, any boot will do - snow, moon, cowboy, hiking, rain, etc.)

We just gotta love that boy! :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Great post. I remember his outfits from Kansas. It is great that he still does that. It makes up his person. So cute.

Missy said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE that picture of him in those cute tights! Blackmail for sure!

The Dooley Family said...

I remember his great outfits, too! And I agree...total blackmail!! :o)

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Got my chuckle for the day with that HOT outfit! You are a great Mom to allow him to choose, but NOT ALWAYS!

Unknown said...

I love that last outfit! Haha!
And, no, I won't be bringing any jewels to the reunion cause I can't come :( It's during the last week of my classes this summer that I can't miss. I wish I could come!