Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Consider the Cake...

My Baby turned One.
I don't know when I turned into such a sentimental schmuck!
Little A was what it finally took for me to slow down a little (not a lot, just a little). I finally enjoyed those baby moments that I was too worried to enjoy with Ms. K and too busy to enjoy with J-boy. I snuggle her as much as she'll let me and every time I hug her I wonder if I just hold her tight enough if she'll stop growing and stay my sweet baby forever.



She loves to laugh at her brother and sister. She loves to eat yogurt and applesauce and strawberries. She loves to watch the mobile on her crib when I lay her down to take a nap. She loves playing with shoes and removing EVERY. SINGLE. BOOK. from the bookshelf. She loves to take most of the toys out of her toy baskets so she can crawl in and get cozy with the remaining stacking rings. She signs "all done" and grins. She claps whenever anyone says "good job!" She loves to play on the [very scary] stairs to the basement and gets mad when I don't let her.

I can't imagine our family without her. She brings out the best in all of us.

A's saying, "How did I get stuck with these clowns?"

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Adelyn!!

bbfamwagon said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart! Grandpa Bruce and Grandma Bonnie love and miss you -- can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

Angie said...

She is growing up so big.

I feel the same about my 3rd...I just make time to love her and cuddle her and tease her and enjoy her baby-ness. And even though my first wasn't a baby when he turned 1, my Evelynn is still my baby even though she's 13 1/2 months.

Katie said...

I love that family picture! Happy birthday, Baby A!

Rachel said...

She's so cute! Happy birthday baby A! (You're gonna have to come up with a new blog name for her soon!) :)

heather said...

When I first saw the picture of her cake, I thought "that didn't look that way before! it's off-center!" and then I remembered that you photoshopped her name out! Okay ... maybe that's only funny to me. ;) Happy Birthday baby A! You're a doll!!

Dave said...

What a sweetheart. Please give her a hug for us.