Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thirty Three??


My handsome husband turned 33 last month. We've had such a nice time enjoying his less-hectic schedule here. He's doing a general practice dental residency - just a year long. He works in the dental clinic, does rotations through the university hospitals, and is on-call with the emergency department about once a week for 24 hour shifts. He loves to work out and eat healthy. He loves to fly fish and be outside. He loves to hike, bike, climb, swim, run. He loves to play with the kids. He hates to play Barbies and loves to play sports. :)

Since our move we've had more time to be together -- I love how changes like this force a little re-invention. So we're trying to be healthier and simpler. We don't have space in the living room for the TV, and our neighbor shares her newspaper with us, so instead of watching TV in the evenings we read the newspaper. Joseph has access to an awesome work-out facility at school, so he's been enjoying that after work each day. I'm no longer teaching piano lessons, so I (theoretically) have time to keep up on running the house a little better. :) I think it's all been really good for us. We're better friends.

I love this man! He is a good man. He forgave me for wishing him a happy 32nd birthday. :) I think where we are right now is a good place to be for 33. I hope it keeps getting better. :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

bbfamwagon said...

Happy Birthday! Remember, growing older is inevitable, but you can be immature forever! :-)

Katie said...

Happy birthday! I hear we're all less neurotic in our 30s... personally, I'm looking forward to it (and I bet my husband is, as well).

heather said...

I'm glad we got to celebrate with you!! August and September are so full of birthdays for our two families it seems! Katie's is just around the corner ... crazy!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Sounds like you have some good plans in place for a lasting friendship! WE miss you. Nice to catch up with your blog. Your kids are so darling and growing. I love your anniversary post. 8 years seems like just a blip!

The Dooley Family said...

How cute! I love it! We miss you terribly but we're so glad you're all so happy!!