Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School

My little girl started Kindergarten a week ago! She had an orientation day the Thursday before the first week of school, and was a little put out that she didn't get to go to school on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. :) Monday finally arrived, and she was ready to go! We walked her into the school to her class room door the first few days - on Wednesday she informed me that she no longer needed us to walk her in - she was used to it. :) She is quite independent and determined - I think part of that is a result of being the oldest child, but another part is just her nature.

After a little deliberation, I decided to put her in an afternoon half day kindergarten. She could have gone full day, but I think having her at home in the mornings is better for all of us. We have time to practice piano, read books & have a reading lesson, and the kids can do all their 'jobs' -- just normal getting ready kinds of stuff -- and we get a little extra sleep, which helps all of us!! I'm trying to really savor the moments that we have together - kind of sad that it took the 3rd baby for me to slow down a little and enjoy my kids more!

Yes, J-boy is wearing a Woody costume - many thanks to Heidi for that one. :) He was thrilled to be in K's first day of school pictures -- he adores her. Today when we dropped K off at school, he said, "I love sister, mom. I miss her so much." I'm so glad they are buddies (about 90% of the time - the 10% fights are bearable because of the 90% friendly). :)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Andrea said...

She looks adorable. Good choice for 1/2 day. You will enjoy having some time in the morning. As for me, and full day, I am up at5:45.
YUCK!!!

Dave said...

Would you please tell my beautiful sobrina to STOP GROWING!!! I didn't even realize that she was old enough to start school this year... We sure miss you guys.

Angela said...

Wow! She is a school girl already. She looks so cute in the pictures. I got to say though that J boy almost steals the show (does that work in English?). He is so funny! Anyways, thanks for the pictures!

heather said...

I can't believe K is that old already. I remember thinking how grown up I was once I got to go to school like all you big kids. :) What a cutie!!

Bonnie said...

Katie is beautiful -- and Jonathan such a crack-up! Love to you all!

robyncreates said...

She looks so big! I wish we had the option of half day. I would definitely do that rather than all day.

Lisa said...

She has such a sweet, cute face. I am glad she can go half a day and that you will still have some time together. All day is so hard to just start off the bat. (That's what had to do) It feels like they are really growing up fast once they get into school.

Katie said...

Yay! Afternoon kindergarten is the best. That's what I had with my mom... and we used to spend the morning writing stories together.

Hurray for the entire L family! Looks like you've started the school year in fine form.

Rachel said...

She looks so grown up! Particularly when she's standing there with "Woody"