Friday, September 30, 2011

Get Ready!

Today is a very big day.  We are closing on a house today!  It's going to need some TLC, and as we've been deciding what to do first and how to go about doing it, I thought I'd take a look at the last fixer-upper we took on.  I made this little video of some of the before-and-after pictures just after we sold the last place, in 2006.  It was super gross at first, so if you have a weak stomach, be forewarned.  :)  This house sat empty for 8 months after we finished fixing it up, so I taught my group piano lessons there (that's why there's tables and keyboards in the living room)  :)  I think my favorite memories of working on this house are of our crew - we couldn't have done it without Nathan, Enoch, Doug and Daryl!!!



So here's to house projects!!!  May they be completed in a timely manner with only 3 more Home Depot trips than anticipated!!  Wish us luck!!  :)


6 comments:

heather said...

I remember seeing this back in the day and being amazed. I still am! Seriously. You turned that house into something beautiful! And I can't wait to see how this new one turns out! You have such a gift at making a house a home, Tara. I love it and try to copy it. Ryan makes fun of me. :)

Andrea said...

Wow. That is awesome. I love that you made a video. It totally sums it all up. I am excited to see the new house, and I love that you are blogging more. I hope a house project won't slow down the blogging hint hint. When did you do that? Right before we moved to KC?

Anonymous said...

WOW that house did some work!! It turned out great though!! I do remember Nathan getting Poison Ivy and a day before we gave birth to Gabi!! Nathan enjoyed those "service projects"!!

bbfamwagon said...

I don't remember seeing this before, it's amazing! Can't wait to see what you do with your new place -- I wish we could all come and help!

Alison Woods said...

That is impressive! I don't think we could ever do that.

Katie said...

Congratulations on closing on a house! Wow... I've really been out of the loop lately. :)