Monday, September 19, 2011

Best Day Ever.....Family


I don't know if you ever have those days where you just understand intrinsically what really matters most...like family.  These last two days have been like that for me.  Yesterday throughout the day I caught these glimpses of Tara as she'd be walking, or talking to someone, and she'd smile, or as she'd make some funny face - and time just seemed to stand still for just a moment and I was able to capture it and enjoy it...and yes of course I thought "she's hot".  Today I asked her out for lunch.  As I sat across from her, all I could think of was how lucky I am - she is amazing.  I also got some good time in with Baby "A" who joined us for lunch, she sat next to me and we chit chatted as we tried different foods - Baby A decided that a pile of salt was her favorite..she was very particular about us not putting any food on top of it and corrected us when we did.  Luckily she made it through more than just a pile of salt!  It was so pleasant to be with them and I really soaked in the moment and went back to work on cloud 9.  I came home as soon as I could from work and played soccer with J-boy - he loves to play and tonight I taught him a few new moves - he amazes me at how he learns them so quickly.  The best moment though was when he laughed so hard that he fell over and couldn't get up.  I love those moments with my son.  His laughter is pure joy.  Then we ate dinner together as a family.  It was nice to be all in one spot together.   On Monday nights we make an extra effort to hang out together as a family.  K-lady showed off a science experiment she'd seen at school and then we ate ice cream together and played a game.  The kids love to sing, so we sang some songs.  It was a blast.   These last two days reminded me of the things that bring me the greatest joy - my family.  I believe in the family, and that if centered on the principles taught by Jesus Christ, that it can be the greatest source of strength and joy in life. It is for me - From Joseph

7 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Awe, that's the sweetest post! I know exactly what he's talking about. Pure joy!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! Miss you guys.

Andrea said...

What a great post, and nice to hear from Joseph too. Thanks for sharing.

The Dahle Family said...

I second all of that! Even the part about your wife being "hot"--she is beautiful in every way!

bbfamwagon said...

Love this post, Joseph -- it does a mother-in-law's heart good! You are officially one of my three favorite sons-in-law! Seriously, love you and I'm so grateful for how good you are and how much you love your family and take such good care of them.

heather said...

I still get emotional reading this. :) I just love you ALL!! I am desperately needing a L-family fix right now. There are just a few too many miles in between us.

Christal said...

Love!!!