Friday, July 1, 2011

June 2011

We attended the baby blessing of our newest neice - it is always so fun to visit Jake and Jen!!
 Father's Day fun
 We got new patio furniture - so nice to have a comfortable place to banish the children outdoors.  At least for a few weeks till it became unbearably hot!  We've been diggin' the games on family night.  And a little craftiness on the side - a housewarming gift for my sister.
 When the weather turns good I get an itch to build something. :)  This was quite gratifying - quick and easy.  The hardest part was waiting for the paint to dry.
The kids and I took off to Utah a few days earlier than Joseph - the drive was beautiful.  I drove through part of this stretch of the Flinthills a few months later and it was dead dead dead fried up from drought and heat.  Quite the contrast.
This is at a rest stop along Bear Lake - almost to mom and dad's!!!!  We had an interesting twist to add some spice to this trip.  In an unfortunate act of service, Joseph inadvertently acquired an infestation of cockroaches in our swagger wagon.  It was disturbing (in other words: resulted in days and days of scrubbing/vacuuming/bombing the van, more than a few episodes of weeping on my part, reaffirmed our no-food-in-the-van policy, and meant that all snacks consumed during our 20 hour drive had to be stored in sealed containers and only enjoyed OUTSIDE of the car.  Hence the nice long break at Bear Lake rest stop.  Might as well take pictures while I'm at it, right?

 In between my boughts of cockroach freakage we had a nice visit with my parents/sister for a few days - we visited Grandpa at his work site...

...and visited Scotty at HIS worksite - he was a counselor at this boy scout camp up in the mountains for the summer.  It was breathtaking.  He lived in that picturesque little cabin up there.  It was the first time he'd seen my kids since Christmas of 2008! 
We explored the camp a bit...




 And ended the night with a camp fire.  I sure love this guy!
 And so do my kids!
The last thing I did at 'home' was work on my music stand for a bit with dad.  It's coming along nicely, if I do say so myself. :)  That's the desk, all rough cut, and behind it the stand part is laying along the work surface, all clamped together and drying.  Next up: shaping the edges on the desk with a file and a router, and turning the pedestal on dad's big fancy lathe.  It's gonna be good.

2 comments:

heather said...

the music stand is beautiful!! As are all of your pictures as always! And I love how your picnic table was quick and easy - HOW is that possible when you have three kids?! I feel like nothing these days is quick and easy, but I probably make it harder on myself. I miss you and love you!!

Angela said...

How did I miss this post? Love these pictures! The one of K-lady hugging Scott is so sweet and it makes me teary. The picnic table looks great! You are pretty awesome!