Monday, July 18, 2011

Damage Control

Sweet Baby A decided to give herself a trim a few weeks ago - here she is, hiding her face in shame. Her hair was finally long enough to just tuck behind her ears (she yanks out pony tails and barrettes and headbands, so tucking behind the ears was actually a really good option.)  And then she gave herself a mullet.  I think this is a first for our family - I don't remember J-boy or K-lady getting fancy w/ the scissors.

I tried to clean it up a bit - curly hair can be so forgiving... But I sure missed her long pretty curls.

We needed to get Baby A a passport, and I decided it would just be easier to take the picture myself. Nope. :) Lesson learned.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

TheSchmierneys said...

Alex & Leah noth gave themselves hair cuts... leah cut off 5 inches... I measured one of the chunks that she cut! It's so sad! But she looks adorable! I'm trying to think of something that you can call her other than Baby A.... Cause she's not a baby anymore!

Missy said...

I know all about that! So frustrating! You made it look good!

Angela said...

How funny! Last year B got "fancy" with scissors as well and cut her friend's hair! I was so embarrassed to take her friend back home.
"Big girl A" looks adorable!! And so grown up!
I tried to get home-taken passport pics as well and it didn't work either, if that makes you feel better =)
Love you and can't wait to see you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Tara she looks sooo cute and much older I might add. No more
"fancy" scissors!!

heather said...

We looked at these pictures and L said, "Look at all those A's!" {it's not as cute using single letters, but you get the idea}. She looks dang cute - and I applaud you for even trying to fix it. You did a darling job!! Love you!

bbfamwagon said...

Too cute for words! And fight it though you may, she sure isn't a baby anymore, is she? Angela's right on with "Big girl A"!

Beverly said...

Love the passport photos! Thanks for sharing.