Thursday, July 7, 2011

Family Reunion

 Joseph's extended family enjoyed a reunion in this sweet little spot tucked away in a quiet valley of northern Utah.  Joseph flew out to meet the kids and I after our little visit with my parents, and together we enjoyed some good times, good food, and good company.  
 There were games - Joseph and Jacob won the horse shoe tournament!
 These two were inseparable.
 A little blurry, but it was so sweet to see K-lady greet Aunt Bev - it's been WAY to long!
 She was entranced by the tether ball.  It's the little things, right?

 Taking her little cousin for a ride.

 We enjoyed a few extra days with Joseph's parents and siblings - went to Temple Square and celebrated the fourth of July together.
 I took pictures for my brother-and-sister-in-law's family @ the temple.  Such beautiful folks!
 The kids and dads went on a hike while my sister-in-law and I made a pilgrimage to Ikea.
 They found and killed a rattlesnake, skinned the thing and grilled it on the BBQ.  Ew.
 And watched Tangled during quiet time. :)

 And watched fireworks from Uncle Jared's beautiful balcony overlooking the southwest side of the Salt Lake Valley.

 wobbly camera. :)

2 comments:

heather said...

That looks like one sweet reunion! But I am thoroughly disgusted with the rattle snake story. Eww. Seriously.

The Dooley Family said...

So cool! I loved it all! Did Aunt Bev bring her boys? I wish we could get to know them better as parents! I miss all of you L families!