Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break in Jeresey!!

Get ready for a LOT of pictures (5 adults + 5 cameras + 5 days = 459 pictures!)
We decided to hit the road for K-lady's Spring Break this year -- Joseph couldn't get time off, but my sister and nephew came along to keep my children entertained so we could all meet this wonderful little man:
my new nephew!  Isn't he handsome?  Dave, Angela and their kids live in New Jersey, about a 10 hour drive.  We had such a good time visiting with them and just loving up the time we had together. 
 Dave is such a good uncle -- he even set up a tent for a camp out in the back yard one of the nights we were there.  Baby A and I opted for beds inside, but Dave and the older two slept out there all night (with the electric blanket plugged into the house).  Cousin Bailey started out with them, but apparently she was too much of a party animal and got banished to the master bedroom.  :)
We spent the first day of Spring on the Jersey Shore -- Baby A and J-boy's first time to the Atlantic ocean.  It was COLD, but that didn't stop my kids from getting wet!  :)

 My wonderful mom was there, too -- bonus!!!

 
We got to visit Dave's "office"

This little guy is such a sweet sweet baby!  And Angela is such a sweet sweet momma.
all the cousins!  It's a good bunch.
The whole crew (minus mom, who is taking the picture).  There are always a few moans when we announce that it's time for a family picture, but I never regret having them. 
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

kristi said...

We missed you while you were gone but I am so glad that you got to go. It looks like it was a great time. Each of the 500 pictures are priceless.

Rachel said...

How fun! And brave to go into the atlantic in March! I get chills just thinking about it:)

Alison Woods said...

What a fun trip! You must have loads of energy! Great pics too!

heather said...

Good times!! Love all the pictures! Still working on getting the pictures on the laptop, so thanks for sharing the collages!

Katie said...

Hurray! Mom and I are sitting here together, getting gooey over your pictures.

Love the cousin photo.

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

What a fun time with your brother and sister and Mom. I love road trips with sisters. They are so much fun and full of laughs. You, your sis and Mom look so much alike. Iam glad you made it safe with all those beautiful children.

I bet the BEACH was freezing. Kids are never scared of the frigid water.

robyncreates said...

Love all the pics that tell the story too. Glad you guys got to have a great time all together. :)

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

NEED LAYOUT HELP---I created a new jpg in photoshop for my header. HOW to I control the size on my blog? Shrink to fit--too small---FIT--to LARGE. I have saved the file in several different CROPPED sizes, but no mater what I import, it turns out too small or too big!!!

I like the size you use on your header.

Tara said...

Stephanie - I'll email you, too, but in case it helps, my blog header is 1120 x 417 pixels at 100 pixels per inch. If you make the canvas that size to begin with you shouldn't have to resize it when uploading to blogger. :) Good luck!

Missy said...

That's a great family picture. All the kids squirming! And you look beautiful might I add.
You are so brave going with 3 kids and no hubby! Looks like it was worth it.

TheSchmierneys said...

What a fun trip! It's good to get out and do that stuff, you know the drive will be rough.... and that there will be "Moments".... but in the end, it's always worth it! Glad you had fun! You always have the BEST pictures!

The Dooley Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dooley Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dooley Family said...

I love, love, LOOOVE all the pictures!! Your kiddos are getting so big! I love, in the cousin picture, how great K-Lady looks holding that precious little baby! So sweet! You can tell she's an oldest child :o) I also love how A-Baby's bein held into the cousin picture--sweet girl! :o)

Andrea said...

I never realized how much you look like your mom. Good for you for making that trip. what a fun spring break.

Lisa said...

What a fun Spring break trip. It's always hard to go places and leave Hubby behind, but fun for your sister to be with you.
You always have some fun adventures going on. I realized I have not commented in awhile because I don't allow myself enough time to. You are all so cute, & your new nephew is very handsome!