Friday, March 26, 2010

miscellaneous moments

A few little updates for the good ol' blog...

Joseph broke his hand playing church ball -- the arrow points to the diagonal fracture in his middle-finger hand bone (sorry, no technical medical terms from this music major). It's been healing really well -- because the bones on either side keep the middle bone in place he didn't need a cast and has been wearing a brace for the last few weeks. Hopefully he can ditch it soon! It was a good wake up call for him - no contact sports that put his career in jeopardy, thank you very much!
J-boy and Baby A got a hold of my make up bag. I really thought this kid was old enough to know better. Apparently Baby A is a bad influence. :) Every time she sees my make up bag she says, "Eye! Eye!" That kid loves eye shadow. :)
Happy late St. Patty's Day! Do they look lucky, or what??? :) I made the banner with my cricut, cut clovers out of knit and sewed them to plain white shirts, made Baby A a new hair bow and leprechaun hats out of felt for the big kids. We ate corned beef with cabbage, potatoes and carrots, and lemon (golden) jello for dinner. I think it's the first time I've ever served my children jello -- they were completely amazed by it. :) I think that's the most attention that holiday has ever gotten from me. :)
J-boy decided he was done with training wheels, so I broke out my new baby seat (Christmas gift from mom and dad!), and now we can't get enough of the family bike rides. We need to get another grown up bike so Joseph can come with us on weekends. :) I really really really love this - what a fun phase of parenting!!

Other updates -- Joseph had a trip to check out potential practices. It was a good trip and now we know what we DON'T want! A few days later the kids and I took our own trip out to New Jersey to visit my brother's family and met a new little boy to adore. :) I'll post about that soon.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

supersheffam said...

What a fun update. We recently got me an old cruiser that we're going to repaint and fix up for bike rides this summer. I can't wait for James to get some time to help me do it! I'm in the great debate, bike seat for Roman or bike trailer for Roman and Caleb? Any tips? :D

KT said...

OUCH!!! about the hand. Fun! about the bikes. Wow Supermom! About the St. Patrick's Day coolness. Love to see your updates!

robyncreates said...

Your kids all look a foot taller!!!

Katie said...

Ooh! I want to go bike-riding!

bbfamwagon said...

I love your updates, too, and apparently need them -- I just saw you and you didn't tell me anything about the St. Patrick's Day festivities! Looks like great fun!

Rachel said...

At least J's getting the make-up out of his system before he starts school:) It's hard for me to imagine A being a bad influence on anyone. We'll have to get together before you guys move to wherever your going:)

Missy said...

My friend just tore her Achilles tendon playing church ball. That's a dangerous sport!
Love the bike rides. I'm the the one that needs a bike to ride with my kids.
And thanks for your sweet, sweet comment on my baby. You're the best!

Angela said...

The kids look soooo cute in their St Patricks Day outfits!
Thank you so much for coming to visit. It was wonderful to see you and the kids. Hopefully we can see you again in April!