Monday, March 15, 2010

J-boy turns FIVE!

The day after his birthday we were driving in the car and J-boy announced, "Mom, I made a wish  when I blew out my candles, but I can't tell you what it was, but it was a really good wish."  Then about 30 seconds later, "Mom, I can't tell you what my wish is, because then it might not come true."  Another 30 seconds later, "Mom, my wish is to drive a big rocket, but I'm not going to tell you because I want it to come true."  :)  We had a little chat about 'driving' rockets, and how you should learn to fly airplanes first -- now he wants to be just like Uncle Dave and fly an airplane "big enough to fit a car inside!"  :)
 
(the birthday cake picture has been modified from the original version - it has been formatted for the blog) :)
Then the next day we got to visit the dr. and the pharmacy - poor kiddo had strep and bronchial ickiness (my interpertation of the official diagnosis) so we had fun with the antibiotics and the albuteral. But he's all better now!
One of his gifts -- he loved digging for treasure -- by the time he was done my entire kitchen was covered in a thin layer of treasure island.  If there is a next time for this sort of gift, I'll try to give it in the summer - this would have been a good OUT DOOR activity. ;)


J-boy picked this sword out on amazon and waited (ANXIOUSLY) for it's arrival by mail.  :)  He's been through at least a dozen plastic or foam swords in his short life, and had been wanting a new one for quite some time, so this was perfect!  It also came with a mask (serious J-boy bonus!!!)  It hasn't broken yet!!!  It's a G.I.Joe toy and came with a dog tag, too -- J-boy says, "Don't call me [J-boy] -- call me G.I.J-boy."

And for my un-scrapbooking purposes:
J-boy is such a fun kid - he loves to play with and clober his little sister, he loves to play with and mimic his older sister.  He does have a slight problem with his wardrobe - poor kid can't choose an outfit without emptying every drawer in the dresser.  It gets kind of tough putting ALL those clothes away every day.  :)  He's also frustrated that he's now 5 and still wearing clothes with a 4 on them.  :)
favorite color: dark green
favorite movie: pixars' short on Cars - Mater and the Ghostlight
favorite game: freeze tag
favorite song: If you're happy and you know it
favorite accessory: green swimming goggles (at the moment)
Love that kid. :)
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

The Dooley Family said...

he is seriously the funniest little boy ever! He makes me want our new little one to be a boy! :o) What a personality that kid has on him! I still remember that post from a long time ago with all of his outfits...the cape on the tricycle, etc...love it, love it, love it!!

Missy said...

So that's what having a boy is all about? I wouldn't know...but it sounds so fun and cute!

heather said...

Love that boy - what a character! :)

Heather said...

Tell that boy of yours happy b-day from auntie Heather!! We so wish we could of been there. We have a boy b-day this week too!!

Sheffer's said...

I saw Joseph for a minute yesterday, it made me miss you guys! :D If J-boy wants to bring his batman helicopter to our house, we have the batcave to go with it! The boys could even have helicopter fights since we have the same helicopter! Can't you just picture the loud, crazy, little boy fun that would happen? Happy birthday, J!!! And great cake, Tara. Spiderman is hard. I know. ;)

bbfamwagon said...

I love this! What a happy birthday boy and what a great mom for putting it all together for him! I especially appreciate the video clips -- thanks for posting!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday. I still don't believe he is really 5. Where did 3 and 4 go?

He is adorable.

Angela said...

What a fun, cool, sweet little boy! I looove those videos!! I'm glad he had such a great B-Day. If you guys come in April we should take him inside Dave's airplane or a simulator. I think he'd like it. I wonder if we could arrange that. I'll find out. I hope you can still come visit sometime this spring!

Ericka said...

What a cutie and I love that he wants to "drive a rocket"! Good thing he has uncle Dave around to show him the ropes, eh?

Katie said...

Love the sword video--especially the (sword generated?) sound effects!

Very cool cake, too. You amaze me.

Thanks for sharing J-Boy's special day with us.

robyncreates said...

He sounds like so much fun! My kids still talk bout your kids and the night we spent with you. :)