Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Annual Collage Catch-Up













Seems like November and December are never very good blogging months for me! But I do have some good pictures to document our wonderful holidays, and I just can't move on without posting [at least] my favorites. And you know I am a firm believer in the collage. :)
A brief explanatory note:
My entire wonderful family (except for one brother serving an LDS mission in CA) came to Ohio for Thanksgiving - we had 16 people altogether, and turned the living room into a banquet hall. :) Then it was the music room (lots and lots of singing around the piano - it felt SO GOOD to sing with my sisters and mother again, and we even had the boys join in a few times!), and finally it was the Christmas Hall (complete with my little 10 year old artificial tree that I said would just get us through college..... still there....). My brother in law is a chef (a crazy blogging chef I might add), and he wowed us all with his skills -- I was afraid to cook in my kitchen for a week after he left, thinking that I might desecrate it. :) I gained about 5 pounds in 3 days. (OUCH). But it was worth it. It was that good.
Since everyone was here we did Christmas on Saturday morning - it was the crazy marathon holiday weekend, and it was fantastic.
I love love love my family, and having them all here in my home was such a treat. I love the way we all squish together on the couch, the way we talk for hours, the way we sing and sing and sing. I love the way my brother played heroes with my son, my sister colored with my daughter, and my mom and dad moved around from room to room, activity to activity, supporting and loving all of us. We all have faults, but when we're together it's perfect.

9 comments:

bbfamwagon said...

Faults? What faults? What on earth are you talking about????
Wonderful pics -- thanks so much for posting and hosting! Love you!

heather said...

Wow - Tara, you really have an art for those collages!! They are beautiful in and of themselves, and then you add the wonderful subjects in the actual photos and it's a masterpiece!! :) Love you!

Dave said...

Love you too Tara! That what such a wonderful weekend, but it seems like it was sooo long ago... when are we doing it again?

Rachel said...

This post made me really hungry. And I love your pics - looks like you had a fabulous time:) Can we be adopted into your family?

robyncreates said...

Loved the pics and loved even more hearing your thoughts all put together about your family. Reminds me of our family get-togethers too. You have a great family! (but then so do I) :) Aren't they the best?!

Katie said...

Wow. What a Christmas. I've been lurking on your blog, waiting for this post!

Your family is excellent. I'm so glad that almost all of you got to spend the holidays together.

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Love the collages for your holiday memories. My goal this year is to learn more about Photoshop. Is that where these were produced. Also love your new header. Gonna make one of those as well!

Angela said...

Your collages are so beautiful! You inspire me to put more work on my incredibly simple posts =) I hope we can get together again soon!

EricRiveraCooks said...

Tara,

Those collages are amazing. Thanks again for hosting Mindy and I at your lovely home. I had a fabulous time tearing up your kitchen for a few days and I can't wait for us all to meet up to do it again. When my blog gets bigger I want you to be my designer.....serious. :)

Eric