Monday, December 7, 2009

Family Pictures

Meet my darling sister, Heather. She is (among other things) cute and funny and sweet and talented and long suffering in affliction to boot. I asked her to take some family pictures for us (the self-timer thing only works so well with a 16 month old and I'm too cheap and too addicted to photoshop to do it any other way...), so she did - not once, but twice! The first try we had a minor run in with wardrobe that put us behind and we missed the best lighting. So we headed out again a week later (that's what I mean by long-suffering in affliction)! Anyway, I think she got some great shots. Thank you so much, Heather (and Ryan and L!!)


It's not every day you get a good photographer who loves your kids almost as much as you do!



I love her smile. I think that is what 7-years-old should look like.


Outakes -- Don't I look like a caricature?! I didn't know my face could look that way without some seriously silly photo editing.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Alison Woods said...

So cute! Love the faces!

The Dooley Family said...

LOVE it!! I can't wait until we can do a fun family photo shoot like this! And now I have Photoshop and the Microsoft version! Woo hoo! What kind of camera do you have? It takes great pictures even without editing!

Anonymous said...

Tara you are hilarious!! I love your family!!

Rachel said...

These pics are great! I didn't know your face could do that either - it almost looks like you used some sort of swirl effect on it... I kind of want to run out to old navy and buy vests for my family so we can be cute like yours, but we'd probably just look like marshmallows:)

Angela said...

Great pictures! Heather is pretty awesome. I love how seriously you take making funny faces for pictures =) Love you guys!

heather said...

You are so funny Tara! Did I tell you I took that first outtake picture and framed it? haha ... just kidding. But that's not a bad idea - I love it! :) And how did you do the rounded corners on K-lady's collage? I love it!

Unknown said...

cute pictures!

Missy said...

Love the pictures! And it's so nice you know Photoshop well enough to have your sister do them for you! (That's what I do too!)

Ericka said...

Wow! Great pics...Heather can take ours anytime! Love the scenery and the outfits as well! You all look so happy and I can't believe how big your kids are getting!

Angie said...

Your family is just so darling! I can't believe how big your baby is! Wait a minute...mine is big, too!

Why do they grow up so darn fast?

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

What a beautiful family. I love all your pictures of the holidays! You inspire me.