Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Apple picking

Two encounters with food at it's point of origin!! First the tomatoes and peppers, and now apples! Wow!





Heather and Ryan and L went with us to a nearby apple orchard a few weeks ago -- the apples were so amazingly good right off the tree. We picked Jonagolds and Golden Delicious, and got gloriously wet in the process. It was during an OSU football game (we're quite amazed at how the city comes to a complete stand still for football games!), so we had the place to ourselves for the most part. I think the getting wet just might have been the most fun. Although driving Sadie the Sienna through the muddy mess was pretty fun, too.



I loved it when K-girl asked me if she could eat a Silverjonny appleseed apple. :)




I also love that we get to do these fun things with my sister & her family! They are so much fun!




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mindy said...

It still seems very strange to me that any state other than WA has good apple picking... it looks like you guys have had a wonderful time! I'm so happy for you that you have a bit of our family close by. Lucky ladies! :) By the way, baby A just keeps gettin cuter!

The Dooley Family said...

So cute!! I love orchards and stuff like this!

...we still miss you guys, by the way!!

Missy said...

Apple pickin'? What fun!
Cute family foto!

Katie said...

Delightful! I loved reading Heather's post about this, and I'm enjoying yours, too.