Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ms. K's Recital

 
The 1st of May Ms. K graduated from Let's Play Music.  Her past three years of music class culminated with a recital where she played her original composition.  She decided to write a lullaby (because she loves to sing to Baby A).  At one point Ms. K made up words to it, too, but I don't think they were ever the same words twice.  In the video you'll actually hear Baby A singing along at times.  :)

I have to add in a little story -- a few weeks ago, K was singing to Baby A in the car on the way to school.  When we got to school I turned around to help K hop out of the car, and was surprised to see tears on her cheeks.  I asked her what was wrong, and she quickly replied, "Oh, momma, these are happy tears -- I just love to sing to my sister."

K is such a sweet and loving big sister.  And I'm so proud of her for finishing Let's Play Music -- it wasn't always fun to practice every day, and it wasn't always fun to have her mom for her teacher, but K kept going (probably because she didn't have a choice... sometimes agency is overrated), and it almost makes me cry 'happy tears' to watch her.   :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful!! We will miss ya guys!!

Laura said...

That is so sweet! Congratulations Ms. K--that is a lot of hard work!

Dave said...

What an Angel. I sure hope we get to see you in a few weeks...

Andrea said...

Wow You are an amazing teacher. I hope I can be as cool as you someday. What a great mom.

Bonnie said...

I confess I had to hold back a few "happy tears" watching this! Can't wait to see you all very soon!

Kate Diamond said...

I MISS YOU!

I'd like to echo Laura: Congrats to Ms. K.

Also, I just love the picture of the two of you. Reminds me of why everyone from high school still says, "You know Tara... with the hair."

Angela said...

So sweet. I love Katie. And that picture of you two is so beautiful.

Angie said...

That's amazing. I can't believe she composed that. What a great program.