Tuesday, May 12, 2009

March to May....


(This is for you, Katie -- I LOVE the socks!!! And so does everyone else - the compliments are inevitable!) :)



Vail was a blast -- we stayed in a beautiful home just minutes from the resort and skiied half days for three days straight (the snow wasn't fantastic, but the weather was gorgeous). We doubled up with Joseph's twin's family - always a good match. The kids played nicely with one set of parents while the others' skiied, then we swapped.
The funny thing about this trip was that it was an accident. The 3-day 2-night stay in the 'condo' was up for bid in a fundraising auction last year at Joseph's school. He jumped in at the minimum bid, never thinking he'd win it, and DID! THEN he called me, and explained what a great deal this is, what a fun time we'd have, how we'd never be able to take a similar trip for this modest amount, and shouldn't he bid on it? Once he'd talked me into it, I heard his buddy laughing in the background - I asked him what was so funny, and he told me it was actually a done deal, he'd already bid and won (albeit 'by accident'), and he was really glad that I wasn't going to be mad at him. :) What a charmed life he leads!! :)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

heather said...

That story is awesome - and what a fun treat for you guys!! I've seen socks like A's out here on some kids and they are so stinkin' cute! She makes 'em look even better!

Dave said...

So where is the video of you running into a tree? :) Glad you had a good time.

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

You two have worked so hard toward common goals. It is great to see you have some time that is pure fun!

Ashlee said...

The little slippers are so cute! where did you get them?

Tara said...

The socks are Trumpette brand - my best friend from High School Katie gave them to me. We saw them in a baby boutique in downtown Olympia, WA. But I also found them here:
http://www.trumpette.com/
They're a little spendy! But they are so stinkin' cute!!! And they actually stay on her feet much better than other socks.

Bonnie said...

These pictures are so great -- can't wait to see you all next month! Huge congratulations to Joseph and all of you!

Katie said...

Yay for the socks! Yes, they are a bit ridiculous and spendy but that's what childless friends are for, right? We buy the ridiculous socks and the gimmick onesies... it's just too much fun.

Your pictures make me wish I knew how to ski. Though if our lives were a Babysitters' Club Super Special, I'd be the one sticking back at the ski lodge and reading books by the fire!