Friday, May 29, 2009

BIG & little

The past few months have brought us several transformations - some big, and some little.  
I made my first solo batch of freezer jam.  There's just something wonderful about freezer jam...  It's probably that there's just as much sugar as there is fruit.  The berries here didn't come from the raspberry patch by the shop (ah, Washington!  My home!), but they did make tasty jam.
Ms. K lost her first tooth!  It was quickly followed by baby tooth #2, and the dentist in the family (more about him later) was pleased to see the permanent teeth sliding into place.
Goodbye, Lafonda (our voluptuous black beauty), hello Sadie (our new-to-us silver sienna).  Lafonda served us well, and squished 3 carseats in the back with great economy, but, alas, it was time to move on.  It is official, I've traded in my youthfulness for practicality, and I am a mini-van mom.  
Baby A's fauxhawk had to go.  
I LOVE SPRING!  The midwest seems to have a knack for dramatic seasonal changes - these pictures were taken just a few weeks apart.  I love watching the trees come back to life.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Mini-van mom :) Please tell Ms K to stop growing. Are Joe and Dad out on the trail? I haven't heard anything about that...

Laura said...

Welcome to the Mini-van Mom club! It is the BEST mom-mobile! Ms K's new smile looks great--and she's looking so much like Daddy lately! :)

Katie said...

My first car is about to die. We're now test-driving and comparison shopping... and car seats are definitely a factor.

I guess we're all growing up! Although I nearly did a spit-take when you called yourself a mini-van mom.

bbfamwagon said...

The berries and jam are beautiful -- and you know, if you pay your tithing, those jars just keep surfacing in the freezer all winter long! Love K's cute smile, Baby A's hair, and J-boy's dancin' skills!