Friday, February 13, 2009

My Peeps

A couple days ago, J-boy informed me that his underpants have a sideways pocket in the front. Later that same day he was happy to report that he'd actually gone pee through his sideways pocket. We're hopeful that this might encourage him to wear his underpants frontwards - he's struggled with this, due to his love of the pictures that are inevitably printed on the bum.

A few weeks ago we celebrated our states' birthday. K-lady dutifully studied the state flower, bird, reptile, flag, etc. in her kindergarten class. She was telling me about it after school one day, and said, "Mom, do you already know all this stuff?" I told her I'd known about the flower, but the box turtle and buffalo were news to me. She quickly replied, "Well, maybe you should go back to kindergarten." I had really hoped we wouldn't hit this stage until middle school at the earliest.

As for Adorable A, I don't even recognize her these days. Where did this baby come from? She's squirming all over the place, cutting her 2nd tooth, and bossy as can be. Can that possibly be the same sweet baby we brought home from the hospital? Was it really 6 1/2 months ago?!

We do have exciting news in the adult department of the family, too: We'll be heading off to THE Ohio State University in June for Joseph to complete a year long residency program. The most exciting part of this (for me - I don't get as excited about third molar extraction and I-V sedation) is that I get to live near my fabulous sister & her family!! It was a tough decision - not Joseph's first choice in residency programs, but it will give us the most access to future possibilities in residencies/practices/etc. So we're off to become Buckeyes (I think our current mascot is a kangaroo - I don't really know if that's an upgrade or a demotion, but I'll take it either way). :)
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Christal said...

What exciting news from your adorable family. Can't believe how time flies. (I remember when J was the tiny peanut in the carseat!) Congrats on the residency...it's going to be an interesting year for many of us. HUG!

Sheffer's said...

I always love your stories about your little man! Caleb struggles with the same problem when he wears his Superman undies. Why do they do that anyway? Kids are funny!

heather said...

For the record, Buckeyes are without a doubt an upgrade from kangaroos. As if you even had to ask ...

And another little tidbit. There's an ESPN commercial of many collegiate mascots, and the larger-than-your-house sized buckeye is bay far the most intimidating as it comes bouncing down the street destroying all in it's path. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Welcome aboard. :) LOVE YOU!

heather said...

P.S. Go Bucks (this is Ryan's addition.)

Missy said...

that is exciting news! And Rachel lives close by too! How fun!

Angela said...

Little Adie looks so big compared to her newborn picture. Makes me sad I didn't get to hold her when she was tiny. OK, I'm determined to visit you guys this summer. I love that we'll see all our beautiful nephews and nieces in just one trip!

Alison Woods said...

Oh no! I don't want my baby getting bigger! It's way too much fun! Congrats on the residency. I hear Ohio is great! Good luck!

Katie said...

When do you move to Ohio? I ask because my soul yearns for a summer road trip...

Rachel said...

Hey! You are moving exactly halfway between my house & my parents house! I'm sensing the need for a roadtrip:) I think you're still about the same distance away, but in a more traveled direction for us:) Hooray!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

A decision made for your family is a happy day indeed! I know how challenging it is to NOT know where your future will be, however, you will thrive as a BUCKEYE!

Angie said...

Well, that puts you a little farther away from us...but alas, we still haven't visited at this short distance! Isn't a temple trip due? ;)

Rob did a one year residency, too, before going into Ortho. I don't know what Joseph's plans are, but a residency is a great plan. It will make him a better dentist and a more competitive applicant for residencies. But, that's one more year of schooling! Argh!

Tiffny said...

So K takes after me in her enthusiasm for the great state of Kansas. I'm glad she's drilling you guys before you up and leave for another plot of paradise.
For Kansas Day I sent an email to all of my coworkers and quized them throughout the day, too. I guess I don't have to go back to Kindergarten! Go K!
(Yes, I'm a dork)

Ericka said...

Congrats on the new move! That's great that you will be so close to Heather. I have only heard good things about Ohio State from friends that have ventured there. Good luck! P.S. I love the underwear story...hehehe!

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

Love the underwear story! Ohio State? If that is in Columbus, I know another young family that just moved there.

Laura said...

Congrats! And seriously, how did our baby girls grow so fast!? Holy Cow! It seems like only weeks ago they were newborns!

HLFackrell said...

What a hoot with the side pocket. Kids say the funniest things and look at the world in ways we have forgotten.