Saturday, February 7, 2009

Christmas 2008

So, I was going to just cut my losses and move on with life -- after all, it's February, and I thought to myself, I'd really rather blog what's going on RIGHT NOW than try to remember what happened nearly 2 months ago! But I started looking at pictures, and I couldn't stop, and I'm horribly perfectionistic, and I just can't shake it, so here it is, in all it's glory - pictures of our trip to Utah for Christmas. Between all the siblings and their cameras, we came home with over 1,000 pictures - I just picked my favorite 100 to share! (so ridiculous! I am so grateful for fast picasa collages!)  
We had such a fantastic time -- usually at the end of a long vacation I'm ready to get home and get back to work, but this time around I could have stayed forever. In fact, we got home, walked in, and I wanted to turn right around and race back to the airport. It felt like the stress had been bottled up, preserved in our little apartment. Opening the door was like breaking the seal, and I could almost feel a physical weight pressing down on my shoulders. A few days later life was fine again - the sparkling memory of vacation was starting to fade.
My favorite moments? Singing around the piano, making J-boy's Christmas bow and arrow with my dad in the shop Christmas Eve, shopping with mom (even grocery shopping was fun! Wow!), playing silly games late into the night, holding Baby A ALL THE TIME just because I could, watching my kids laugh and play and run and dance, ice skating with Joseph & K & J-boy, eating Eric's very yummy food, eating Great Grandma B's very yummy cookies, eating Aunt Phyllis' very yummy cookies (good thing I got sick and lost a few pounds the next week!), LAUGHING HARD EVERY DAY, meeting my newest nephew and the first grand-dog in the family :), and seeing my sweet little neice for the second time ever, going to the movies with my fantastic husband, going skiing with sisters and brothers and husband and daughter (K's first time on skiis!) while my angel mom watched a very needy Baby A, playing games and catching up with Joseph's brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, visiting Temple Square in Salt Lake City with our family (sorry, forgot the camera), watching the snow fall and fall and fall, chatting with some of my most favorite people in the entire world.
I left Utah so grateful for my family! I cannot think of anyone I'd rather belong to than my fantastic parents, siblings, and in-laws. It was the perfect way to spend the holiday - in places I love with people I love. I have got to be one of the luckiest people on earth.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

heather said...

YAY!!! I love all of these pictures! Aren't those collages so fun!? As if we need one MORE excuse to not be narrowing down our favorites! :) I can't wait to see the big family picture (no pressure though ... honestly - don't feel pressure ...)!!

bbfamwagon said...

Oh, I miss you all so much! These pictures are beautiful!

Missy said...

Yeah! how could you not post all those great pics?!! Looks like tons of fun!

robyncreates said...

I still need to catch up on ours too and it will bug me if I don't, plus it's journaling kinda right? :)

Dave said...

Those pictures are fabulous - thank you so much for posting them, it's ALMOST as good as actually being there :)