Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Kidlets

So, I've been slacking big time on the blog, but it's time to play catch up and make my resolutions (yeah, I know I'm 13 days late), and recomit myself to being a little better.... and so on and so forth.

So without further ado, I give you....Tara's Catch Up (of the non-tomato variety)

Baby A is so stinkin' cute, I can hardly stand it.
And Little Ms. K is pretty darn cute, too. She was feeling left out because I take so many pictures of Baby A, so I made her get dressed in MATCHING CLOTHES and pose in front of my curtains. :) She is the sweetest and best of big sisters. I'm so glad we were blessed with her first!
As I was reviewing my pictures of J-Boy from 2008, I noticed a funny trend (speaking of dressing in matching clothes for pictures...). This kid has STYLE.
Because I find this immensely amusing (and for posterity's sake), I decided to add explanations as well:
1. 5 layers on top, 3 of which were pajama shirts -- this picture was taken in August - in the midwest's glorious humidity.
2. When we got out the baby clothes for Baby A, he claimed these orange beauties for his own - until I snuck into his room in the night and spirited them away. No, I couldn't face him in broad daylight and take away his favorite new 'shorts.'
3. Following the mud 'skating rink' episode during our Father's Day picnic.
4. Upon the sound of much giggling and thumping, Ms. K went upstairs one morning to find J-boy with both feet protuding from one pant leg of his pajamas. Apparently J-boy needed a 'tail' that morning, and that is the best way he could find to get one. Ms. K immediately joined in the fun.
5. The little santa suit actually came from Build-A-Bear. I guess it's J-boy's size, too.
6. As the year progressed, J-boy traded in his collection of layered shirts for a collection of weapons at the belt. Here he is pictured with his 'bow' (the only stick we could find that he wouldn't break in half), his arrows (unsharpened pencils), his 'throwing star' (a plastic dragon that fell off his plastic shield) and a tomahawk. He keeps all of these items in a box he calls his "Power Box." "Mom, I like my Power Box because it makes me POWERFUL!"
7. With Grandpa, wearing 1 PJ shirt and 2 button ups.
8. After catching catfish with Dad - wearing PJ shorts on top of swimming trunks. Sure, why not?
9. Lightning McQueen shades (he's faster than fast and quicker than quick)
10. Trying on Uncle Scott's shoes. I think it would be great if he could fill those one day (metaphorically speaking - you can keep your old sneakers, Scott!)
11. Okay, that was Halloween, so it was socially acceptable that day.
12. Bandana? Oh, no, SUPER HERO CAPE!
13. 3 shirts, shorts over sweats, Again, in the marvelous humidity of a midwest summer.
14. No Idea Why He's Wearing His Sisters' Purple Princess Shirt.
Okay, that was quite indulgent, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I love my kids! :)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

The Dooley Family said...

oh, wow! I LOVE your children!!!! Haha I hope my kiddos are that funny one day!!!

robyncreates said...

These are great! Love seeing your kids and everyday life with them!

Missy said...

VERY cute!! I remember my brother wearing shorts with his socks pulled up to them in the winter and pants and boots in the summer. So funny!

heather said...

Love these pictures!!! They are awesome Tara!! Your kids are so stinkin' cute!

Carrie said...

So Priceless!

Jessica said...

Oh, I SOOOOO miss seeing little Jon outside with his sword and cowboy boots in his PJ bottoms & layered shirts!! I miss YOU & your kidlets & game nights......sniff :(

bbfamwagon said...

These are priceless! Love you all!

Christal said...

This is one of my favorite things about your baby boy (I still see him as such, you know. Babysitter's rights!) AND- you letting him do these things is one of the things I love about YOU! You are my kind of mama!

Angie said...

Yeah, I'm learning that Dylan's fascination with wearing his PJs all day long is common. Yet another example of that.