Sunday, November 30, 2008

Halloween 2008


Monday before Halloween the kids and I carved pumpkins while Joseph studied. We ended up staying up WAY too late, but we had a good time! They drew their own designs, then I cut them out. Then while I helped one kid, the other stole the little pumpkin saws and made minor alterations. :) K's ended up with big puckered lips, earrings and a necklace (looks like she slit her throat, but it'a a necklace), J-boy wanted to keep the saws stuck in his like horns (befitting the three eyed monster he designed). I used the cordless drill to poke holes in a cute little pumpkin for Baby A. Lovin' those power tools! K took most of the pictures to document the occassion. I thought she did really well!


After a grand shuffle of costumes (ballerina turned princess turned fairy and Woody turned Knight turned Ninja), we ended up with a ninja and a tinkerbell. I was a witch (not too much of a stretch some days), and Baby A was my black cat. Joseph was a dentist -- people started sweating when he walked in the room. :) We went to our local Community Center for a bit of indoor fun, then came home and visited the neighbors.
The kids and the Cricut made the little paper bag luminaries. I've always wanted to make those! I think they turned out really cute.

And, last but not least, I've got to do a quick little shout out to picasa3!!! What a fantastic FREE program! I usually use photoshop Elements to make my little collages, but Picasa3 has much better collage options than past versions of picasa -- these took a whoppin' 3 minutes a piece, and adding text is super easy, too. Yay! Download it today if you haven't yet!! :)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

heather said...

I LOVE your halloween pictures! Everyone looks perfect! And I have to tell you, I downloaded Picasa3 for Cynthia (Ry's mom) and helped her organize her hundreds and of thousands of photos over Thanksgiving break and we had so much fun!! We have the older version of picasa on our computer, which I have loved - but the newer version is even better!! Yay for free stuff! :)

HLFackrell said...

I didn't know you could do all that in Picasa. I have the newer version. Thanks for giving me the idea of something new to do.

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

Your photos are terrific! Thanks for the Picasa3 tip. I've been using Picasa2 and Photoshop6 since the training session you, Heidi and Andrea gave. I've been on-line scrapping ever since and made a family photo book for each of my 4 grown kids for Christmas.

bbfamwagon said...

These pictures are so great -- I love them all! Thanks for posting!

Andrea said...

Very spooky house. I have downloaded picasa3 but no idea about the collages. WOW! I just made one today in Elements. It is nice to know I can do it somewhere else.

A's blessing pictures are beautiful.

Laura said...

My mom showed me your website--so cool! I'll have to check out Picasa3. See you at church!

Angie said...

Picasa3. I'll have to look into that because I have not been doing much scrapbooking lately. Hopefully, I'll turn my blog into a book someday...and that's what makes your collages so cute and worth it. 3 minutes?!? Now that's the kind of time I have. I can't spend an hour on a page anymore!

Katie said...

I'm going to have to check out Picasa3.

And I'm really going to have to up my holiday game. Your decorations are adorable!

I would expect nothing less from the fabulous L family.