Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The mouths of babes...

I adore my kids (almost all the time). The other night, J jr. was saying the prayer at bedtime (I was saying a phrase at a time, and he was repeating me). I said, "Thank you for this beautiful day," and he said, "Thank you for this beautiful day." I said, "Please bless Daddy to do well on his test," and he said, "Please bless Daddy to do well on his test." I said, "Please bless me to go right to bed and sleep all night," and he said, "Please bless sister to go right to bed and sleep all night." K and I errupted in giggles. No matter how we tried to rephrase it, he wouldn't bless himself to go right to bed and sleep all night. But I guess Heavenly Father heard MY prayer as well as J's, because they both went to bed and slept all night. :)
Me and the kids on the beach on Vancouver Island, near Victoria

The kids do this to themselves, I swear.

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a cute story! It sounds like it wouldn't be easy to trick J into anything!

Misty said...

very cute pics Tara! It is nice to see/hear how y'all are doing. Great way to stay in touch with family and friends! Your kiddos are beautiful. Loved the fairy party pics!

Mindy said...

By the way, Ixa said that I could keep that cage for the next time that you come and visit! :)