Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Library Lovin'

We had a good time this summer at our local library -- they did an around-the-world theme for the summer reading program and had weekly activities and concerts and reading times.  I only brought my camera a few times, but we enjoyed exploring the world from the comfort of our local library.  I love love love to read - and I love seeing my kids get excited about it, too.  :)
The library kicked off the summer activities with water games in the courtyard....


I really loved their Brown Bag Concerts (bring a lunch while you watch) - it was so neat to see the town come out and enjoy it all together.



Hot and sunny, but so fun!

One week we went to the Africa explorer day - the kids made masks, and LOVED trying out all the cool stuff the guest presenter brought along.  J-boy was especially sucked in by the masks and percussion instruments.
Photobucket
 And of course, A-girl wanted in on the photo fun.
J-boy and A-girl fit really well in this one together. :)
 And this one was about 2x A-girls' size. :)
While the other two rioted around playing with the 'artifacts,' K-lady dutifully made her mask. :)  What a sweetie.  :)

3 comments:

heather said...

Woah cool! First off, I want a library like that. And second, how did you do that thing with all of J-boy's mask photos? I haven't seen that before where it constantly changes it. That was so fun to sit and watch! Oh I miss you ...

Tara said...

J-boy's mask photo thing is a .gif I made in photoshop - kind of fun, right? I learned how from a tutorial on Make it and Love it (a crafty blog), but now I can't find the tutorial. :) Hopefully I'll just remember how next time I want to try it again.... (fat chance) :)

Katie said...

I agree with Heather. Cool gif! And I am SO GLAD I have summers off... working is hard, but at least I'll never have to skip the summer reading program!