Monday, May 2, 2011

J-boys Birthday

Long overdue, but it must be posted all the same!  I found this album of pictures in picasa, all set to blog, but somehow I got sidetracked 3 months ago, and it never happened.  Can't imagine how that happened. :)
Back in February, J-boy turned 6!  Here's a little J-boy through the years (because on my blog I specialize in self-indulgence)



We had cupcakes at school on the special day, then we had his party and good times the next night.

 I found a picture online, printed out 18 on a piece of paper and used a circle punch to make the little flags - J-boy was so excited.  I didn't really think about how dangerous it would be to give a bunch of kindergarteners  little flags made our of very sharp little toothpicks.  :)  Live and learn, right?
 Baby A got to join in the fun.  J-boy was so excited to have her there - it was really darling.

The next day, Joseph helped me throw together an awesome birthday party.  We made light sabers out of pvc pipe and pipe insulation and colorful duct tape, then the kids did a little Jedi training -- they shot dart guns at paper-plate-Darth Vadar targets, swung across a 'giant chasm' on a rope swing from the tree in the front yard, beat on a hokey little homemade 'Deathstar' pinata w/ their light sabers, did 'light-sabre training trying to hit a ball blindfolded (use the force!) and were generally awesome. :)  I didn't take many pictures because I was running around crazy w/ a bunch of nutso padawans swinging sticks at each other.  But I did make everyone pose individually w/ their pretend light sabers and took pictures to edit for the thank you cards.  Here are my favorites:

 He was so serious - I loved it!


9 comments:

Alison Woods said...

So totally awesome!!! What a fun, fun party!

The Hojnackes said...

Love the cupcakes! Instead of sharp, pointy toothpicks, you could use lollipop sticks. The pictures aren't as close to the cupcake, but they are still cute! I'm sure you can find them at a craft store. Then you wouldn't have to worry about serving them to kids.

The Dooley Family said...

haha awesome! I love the one of your hubby getting in on the light saber fun! I love seeing the little pictures of J-Boy changing over his six little years :o) How sweet! It makes me miss you guys even more!

Anonymous said...

Happy late Birthday J-boy!!!

Andrea said...

I don't know how you made those thanks yous, but they are awesome. As are you. Good to hear from you.

bbfamwagon said...

You are amazing! What a fun birthday party and treasures to remember it by! Love to you all!

Angela said...

Oh how fun!! You are so creative! Do you have any ideas for a strawberry shortcake bday party? =) I love the pictures with the quotes and the one of Joseph. So cool! Love and miss you!

bbfamwagon said...

P.S. "nutso padawans" -- my favorite part of this post! lol! Not that I don't love the pictures, too, but really -- lol!

heather said...

Seriously?! I feel cool even being related to you! You are awesome Tara - and those kiddos are incredibly lucky to have you for their momma. I love you!!!