Monday, March 3, 2008

K-lady



I realized a few weeks ago that I've posted quite a few pictures of J-boy, but not so many of K. Why the discrepancy? Aside from the obvious (it was J-boy's b-day, and it happens to be J-boy's baby book I'm working on), K's been a bit of a pill the last couple months about getting her picture taken - you have to catch her in JUST the right mood to even get a smile! She can be a complicated little person, and sometimes her natural reactions and my natural reactions contrast sharply. But under her tough girl act is my sweet little lady - I just need to remember to reach out to her in a way that works for HER. She's growing up fast - usually faster than I prefer! I feel like I start to get her figured out, then she hits some other phase and I have to start all over. :)
Parenting is a bit complicated, isn't it? It usually takes more patience than I have on hand, but there are those quiet moments that make it all worthwhile.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

It is so hard to figure out the sest techniques to raise these children. You are not alone in your challenges. I face them everyday, and wonder will I make it through, and will they without to much damage. You are a great mother.

Missy said...

I love the last picture of her! Kids are just hard period!

Rachel said...

I love that picture of her with her chin on her hand. So cute! I'm glad to see my 5 year old isn't the only one with a little attitude to spare:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Andrea.

Jessica said...

Girls are so much different than boys--if you have any advice on controlling drama, I'm all ears! K-lady is so sweet--you are doing great! It was fun to see Skyler playing with her outside again--it gave me hope for spring....soon!!!

ryan said...

I love the new pictures you added of her - she's a doll! Ry and I watched the beach hike movie today (big snow storm ...) and it made me miss everyone. So thanks for posting more pictures! :) Love you guys!