Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fun at the Farm

One of my favorite roommates from college, Monette, came through town yesterday. Last night, after she left, I was going through conference notes and realized that she is a lot like the 'woman who knows' that Sister Beck spoke about in her talk on Sunday morning. Isn't it fabulous to have friends who inspire you to be better than you are?
We went to the local farm/petting zoo with her family Tuesday morning -- I should have taken more pictures! But here's a few.



















This is a careful examination of a bug (who, unfortunately - or naturally? - didn't survive the 2-year-old physicians' inspection)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

They really are the most beautiful kids ever - just look at those eyes! I'm so glad that I can see you and your family whenever I want to (like right now, when I'm supposed to be doing laundry, but instead start missing you as My Fair Lady plays in the backgroud! "rather like a habit, one can always break, and yet... I've grown accumstomed to her face...") Love and miss you lots!

Tara said...

Ah, Mindy -- we live TOO FAR AWAY! Maybe someday we'll be neighbors.
Wouldn't it be loverly.....
Love you, too.

Missy said...

Wow! Monette? That's fun! Where does she live now? I just love getting together with old friends...it makes you feel young again!

Kate Diamond said...

The perfect solution is becoming Mindy's neighbor... not having Mindy become yours.

That way, I get to be your neighbor, too. :)

Cute pics. Got your letter, and loved it. Will respond once I recover from the red-tape extravaganza and "get your feet off that or I'll murder you" that was my first field trip. Taking 110 kids to Macbeth. Yikes.